hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

Hi All just thought i'd inroduce myself. new to the off road perverts side of riding. I've been a road cyclist for 20 odd years (raced most of em, and still road racing). Just thought I'd like a change and try some of this off road lark over the winter months ( and maybe summer!!). Interested in the thursday night spins as carr mill is nr me. Look forward to meeting you all.
    I'm Dave. btw.

Hi itch,
    WELCOME!!

you will need to do an introductory ride before you join (this is club rules to assess fitness and skill, etc)

Keep an eye on the forums and they will be posted up.
    You should also look out for NCR's (Non Club Rides).

Comment

hi

thanks syk0 no problem. I'm sure my physical fitness isn't a problem!!!, bike skills could be questionned though!

if anyone lives near Carr Mill and is out on the bike over the next few weeks can you give us a shout, I'd be up for a spin. tx again.

Comment

not another tarmac basher, they are slowly trying to take over the club, like some kind of invisible lycra clad poison............

welcome by the way. (the chairman will like you!)
        If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Maybe spud been talking to the dark side mates and he just letting on. They fancy somthing better

Comment

Originally posted by artillerydave
            not another tarmac basher, they are slowly trying to take over the club, like some kind of invisible lycra clad poison............

welcome by the way. (the chairman will like you!)
            Oh do pipe down artydave. Your first out the back door when I turn the engine on

when's the next nobby's ride then? Just so I can put the panniers & stablizers on!!
            Ps I don't have to wear those rediculous baggy top n shorts do I? I'm used to dressing as a respectable road commuter

Comment

I can vouch for Mr Hitchen's fitness and his enthusiasm for having the last word in any thread!

I too have a road bike (or two) - not sure it's a problem and I thought mountain bikers usually defected to the road not the other way around?

I have been off road for a few months now and I'm enjoying the scenery and the technical challenges of the trails, but I suspect I will still get my road bike out now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by itch
                Oh do pipe down artydave. Your first out the back door when I turn the engine on

when's the next nobby's ride then? Just so I can put the panniers & stablizers on!!
                Ps I don't have to wear those rediculous baggy top n shorts do I? I'm used to dressing as a respectable road commuter
                oooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww
                Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Bowl of milk sir????????

Itch I'd resist the piss taking until you've been out, I think there's been a fair few MAMILS have come along and failed,bailed and forked off never to be seen again, after they've belittled and devalued the sport these guys love and are bloody good at.

When I joined I was a fat 20st lad who could easily manage the Manc2Black bike ride in just over 4 hours on a road bike but couldn't do 5 mile off road on an MTB, I'm not having a go at you just be wary that you're in a group that consistently follow a path of failure, your bravado does however fit in this place very well indeed and would be good to see some substance behind it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You'll fit right in! Attack...the best form of defence!
                    Just don't be coming out looking like a roadie....

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Geordie Mick
                      Bowl of milk sir????????

Itch I'd resist the piss taking until you've been out, I think there's been a fair few MAMILS have come along and failed,bailed and forked off never to be seen again, after they've belittled and devalued the sport these guys love and are bloody good at.

When I joined I was a fat 20st lad who could easily manage the Manc2Black bike ride in just over 4 hours on a road bike but couldn't do 5 mile off road on an MTB, I'm not having a go at you just be wary that you're in a group that consistently follow a path of failure, your bravado does however fit in this place very well indeed and would be good to see some substance behind it....

firstly...appologies mick. You probably don't know me but I'm sure some of the lads have met me at some point, i'm known by most of the cycling community. I'm normally the first one to take the p!$$ out of other members and have big enough shoulders to have others take the pi$$ out of me. Don't take me seriously, i'm up for the banter!

Secondly.....with all the mtb'ing you've probably done with shop stops your probably 25st now and could do manc-blackole in 6hrs (on a good day) (just pulling ya leg ;-) and btw I'll not be dropped!!!!!

i look forward to meeting you all and I expect the mick taking from the start otherwise i'm taking all my toys home.

Comment

Better watch out Dave, he has a habit of smashing windscreens on bank holidays

Comment

Originally posted by POL924
                          Better watch out Dave, he has a habit of smashing windscreens on bank holidays

I was cleared of those charges by a qualified officer!!!:Embarassed:

Comment

I'm shaking in my boots..........

Rivi "Steps of Woe" for you my new roadie friend, our last 2 roadies were never seen again after that.................
                            If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

firstly...appologies mick. You probably don't know me but I'm sure some of the lads have met me at some point, i'm known by most of the cycling community. I'm normally the first one to take the p!$$ out of other members and have big enough shoulders to have others take the pi$$ out of me. Don't take me seriously, i'm up for the banter!

Secondly.....with all the mtb'ing you've probably done with shop stops your probably 25st now and could do manc-blackole in 6hrs (on a good day) (just pulling ya leg ;-) and btw I'll not be dropped!!!!!

i look forward to meeting you all and I expect the mick taking from the start otherwise i'm taking all my toys home.
                              No need to apologise mate, we meet fire with fire:Tumble:

Out of interest, what steed do you ride (off the tarmac)?

Don't tell us it's a ribble MTB?

Comment

Working...
                              X