Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hi all,

I'm Phil and just moved this year to Sheffield.

I am really enjoying riding in the Peaks each week but would like to meet up with you guys and get further afield on weekend rides, plus when you get over to the Peaks.

I am 38 and have been riding rather a long time now since '92. I seem to have gathered a fair few bikes, some of which I get out and ride on, you know how it is, but my favourite is my On-One Ti 456.

It would be great to hear about newbie rides or non club rides and meet up soon.

Cheers Phil

hi Phil

Welcome. Noobie rides are once a month this one was weekend just gone. They are there just to see your fitness and tech, and for people that are new to mtb a taste of what it is and how we work as a club.
    Next months will get posted up in a couple of weeks im guessing.
    Untill that time there are *NRC's* non club rides, these get posted up by anyone in the club, and you can invite your self to any of them. There is a regular one here in st helens on mondays , tuesday as training rides or others that get posted up prob a lil closer to you at rivington.
    Other wise have a nosey around and see you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip R View Post
      Hi all,

I'm Phil and just moved this year to Sheffield.

I am really enjoying riding in the Peaks each week but would like to meet up with you guys and get further afield on weekend rides, plus when you get over to the Peaks.

I am 38 and have been riding rather a long time now since '92. I seem to have gathered a fair few bikes, some of which I get out and ride on, you know how it is, but my favourite is my On-One Ti 456.

It would be great to hear about newbie rides or non club rides and meet up soon.

Cheers Phil
      Sounds like an ON ONE Ti 456 that actually gets ridden and not left on the garage wall

Comment

Hi just been on a newbie ride great bunch even though I've only met a couple of the club and if they are all like that it should be a right good laugh

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will be on the look out for when the rides are.

Cheers Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Pieeater View Post
            Sounds like an ON ONE Ti 456 that actually gets ridden and not left on the garage wall
            Is that Ti Wan?

Comment

It's a Ti nnessee one! As it is a Lynskey frame for On One.

Comment

Welcome Phil and what a great choice of bike you have there.
                Pieface wants one but mrs pieface says no so he has to ride second best to our Ti versions.

Comment

He gets to ride his second best though......
                  L'Onion Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Turnerkid View Post
                    Pieface wants one but mrs pieface says no so he has to ride second best to our Ti versions.
                    I think you will find that I wanted steel and a slack bike at that. Thats what the Summer Season gives you. A bargain £150 for the frame. Lets equate that to approx 40 rides this year on it . Thats less than £4 a ride.

Now your Ti 456 Ian mmmm Had for what 14 months - rides this year 10 at most and what was it £1000 you paid .............. £100 a ride

Ian stop typing start riding

Comment

Lmao.

£600 cocker so you need to recalculate.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnerkid View Post
                        Lmao.

£600 cocker so you need to recalculate.
                        Even so, £60 a ride is expensive!!

Comment

we'd need a copy of the days picture in with the photo Ian to believe you've been out on it. Either that or in your layoff you've been sharpening your photoshop skills.......
                          If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pieeater View Post
                            I think you will find that I wanted steel and a slack bike at that. Thats what the Summer Season gives you. A bargain £150 for the frame.
                            roughly translates to "my wife wont let me have a decent bike" as she wears the trousers..

Comment

Last edited by Pieeater; 19-12-2010, 08:31.

Comment

Working...
                              X