Hello to everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to everyone

[SIZE="7"]Hi my name is Nichola and I am a young 33 year old lady who has just recently purchased her pride and joy cube bike!! I am very new to mountain biking therefore have the very bad fitness to go with it!! I have joined this to hopefully gain some fantastic knowledge skills experience and hopefully make new friends and some kind words from all you fantastic and experienced riders out there. I would love to experience rides in the great out doors with all you fellow riders and therefore I am at a loss for what to do next and would love to hear all your advice!! I would be eternally greatful for any advice on kit maintenance products advice for the bike and any rides that I as a really hopeless new beginner should be suitable for. Please go easy on me.
    Many thanks Nichola x[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Nicholafaz; 03-01-2011, 19:08.

Knowledge ? Skills ? Experience ? Hmmmm ?? Errrr ?? Doh !!

Comment

I am sure you will get plenty of advice.
      Get yourself booked on the next newbie ride
      You will be in safe hands with one of the ride leaders (unless its Tyre Kicker!)

Also there is a load of recommended gear in the open forum.

Comment

Hi just a few little tips look out for ncr rides which are non club rides you can invite yourselves to these and would be very welcome as everybody is friendly then you will have to do a newbie rife to get into the club just to assess your fitness nut get out and meet everybody on the ncrs and advice will be flowing with many different opinions I'm sure hopefully see you flying soon plenty of gear tips on the forum/website
        Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Only kiddin !! Welcome to the club , get yourself out on the newbie ride for January , keep your eyes peeled for it and get your name down as it fills up fast !! I'm sure the skilled knowledgeable members will be on here soon giving you more advice

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Can't be as unfit as me at the moment!
              Where you from nic? Delamere is worth a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks very much!!! I am extremely unfit!!! lol I am based in bury with my parents but I am willing to travel anywhere to get out and about!!

Comment

I'm sure there will be loads of ncr's fat burners and stuff but you may need lights at this time or year for midweek ride good ones will cast about £230 but well worth it
                  Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Hi Nicola, have a look on this thread for info on equipment etc that you may need, what sort of times and distances are you riding at the moment?

http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old
                    If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Hi there, Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by artillerydave View Post
                        Hi Nicola, have a look on this thread for info on equipment etc that you may need, what sort of times and distances are you riding at the moment?

http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old
                        Dave id change the info youve provided about ICE details.. its wrong...!!
                        handy having them on your fone.. but they should really be on paper in a plastic sleeve and kept in your backpack...
                        Mobiles can loose charge, be damaged , locked out.. etc... pieces of paper can't...
                        Sorry for being so pedantic mi lord... :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks very much!! Well I was out just before xmas!! But have not been out since as I had a chest infection but all better now!! So how do you join the rides etc and become a member as I could not find a link etc!! Excuse my newness!!!

Comment

Keep your eye out for a newbie ride, post up that you want to join in on the ride and the ride leader will watch to see if you're capable of joining and joining the official club rides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Posts moderated and removed by me, i have started a new thread for any questions to be raised or cleared up.

Welcome by the way Nicola and yes we are a bunch of

Comment

Working...
                              X