Hello Everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everybody!

New boy here looking to get involved with local people who enjou MTB!! Please advise how to look out for new rides etc?

Hello. Check out the newbie ride post for this coming Saturday (in the "rides" section), I think there's still places available.

Comment

Thanks mate I'm in Germany this weekend, do you know when the next one will be after that?

Comment

They're every month, so keep your eye on the forum. the Newbie Rides are just to assess your skill / fitness before you join the club proper. Also, keep your eye out for Non-Club Rides (NCRs) - these are open to anyone.

Comment

Thanks - I've been with the Biketreks club in Ambleside for a while but it's getting a bit much going up every week at the min!! Where do I go on the website to find the posts please, site seems a little complicated to follow at 1st!

Comment

Go to the "Rides" section, just below the "Introduction" section. There will be posts for the Newbie Rides and NCRs. There's plenty of people near to you so keep your eye out for the local rides - if there's one that take's your fancy, post up and someone will reply with details. Most of the NCRs will be local to you.

Comment

Thanks mate, where are you based, are you quite local?

Comment

Yeah, I'm about 2-3 miles from Ashton.

Comment

No probs, I've just asked when the next one is going to be cos I can't do this one, so will keep my eyses peeled!! Thatnks for your help and will hopefully catch up soon!

Comment

No probs. The next Newbie Ride will be February as they are monthly, but as I said there should be plenty of NCRs between now and then. If you have a decent set of lights (Hope 4, etc) this will be of use as a lot of folk ride during the evenings.

Comment

No problem mate, thanks for the update!

Comment

I've got quite a lot of gear already!!

Comment

Originally posted by keithb View Post
                          I've got quite a lot of gear already!!
                          We've all got the gear, but not many of us (including myself) have got any idea what it does.
                          All the best

Comment

Looks like I've come to the right place then!! All the gear, no idea! ha ha!!

Comment

Working...
                            X