Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody

Hello,
    I have just signed up and looking to get on a Newbie ride as soon as possible. I work up in North Yorkshire during the week but I am home at Runcorn most weekends. I have been into mountain biking for a few years and I am looking forward to getting out and meeting the club once I have done the newbie ride.

Welcome dude.

Comment

Welcome Ian, have a good look on the site to see the sort of riding and things we get up to. Next newbie ride will be in March sometime, but have a look out for NCR's too. This thread has more details.
      http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...-club-what-now

Nice taste in bikes btw.
      If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Cheers Dave, I was just trying to find ride lists but cant seem to find any, or am I just being blind ha ha. Yes I like Orange bikes, on my third one now.

Comment

Ride lists and upcoming rides etc are kept in the members only bit. Suffice to say it covers all the ace riding areas through the year. Peaks, Lakes, North Wales etc etc. Newbie rides and NCR's are posted up in the open forum, everything else you have to be in the club to see.
          If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Right, I am with you now, I will have to get myself out on a newbie ride or NCR then. Anybody in the club signed up for the IOM End2End? I am signed up, just need to get my mileage up now.

Comment

A few have done it for a couple of years on the trot, a good event I believe, although some had problems with the organisation of it last year. MTL challange is normally on the same weekend and a lot of us do that one. The 47 miles Mary Towneley loop is a good hard ride.

Comment

welcome ,was going to make a comment about banning orange owners then realised i'm becomeing one this week . yeah ian as mentioned above keep your eye out for a ncr ride , i will be doing one in a fortnight , not decided where yet going to see what weathers like nearer the time
                on the seventh day he rode ,and the lord said to me come fourth and i shall give you eternal life, i came fifth and won a toaster.

I dont get flashbacks i'm still there

Comment

Originally posted by nobby the sheep
                  welcome ,was going to make a comment about banning orange owners then realised i'm becomeing one this week . yeah ian as mentioned above keep your eye out for a ncr ride , i will be doing one in a fortnight , not decided where yet going to see what weathers like nearer the time
                  You going down the fruit and veg section then, jaffa's are quite nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                  Last edited by SMN; 22-02-2011, 19:50.

Comment

Originally posted by nobby the sheep View Post
                    I do like orange bikes, Ok I will keep an eye on here to look out for a NCR ride, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian W View Post
                      Cheers Dave, I was just trying to find ride lists but cant seem to find any, or am I just being blind ha ha. Yes I like Orange bikes, on my third one now.
                      10/10 MBR and all that sort of stuff, your on your 3rd, clearly not a bike for life. Did your other two have the same weld defect as Chunks , see you have the upgraded heftier model. Only kidding mate, you'll get used to the banter on here.
                      Welcome to the club,
                      Cheers
                      Eric (clone)

Comment

they'll all be jealous of my orange when its fully restored
                        on the seventh day he rode ,and the lord said to me come fourth and i shall give you eternal life, i came fifth and won a toaster.

I dont get flashbacks i'm still there

Comment

Originally posted by Eric A View Post
                          10/10 MBR and all that sort of stuff, your on your 3rd, clearly not a bike for life. Did your other two have the same weld defect as Chunks , see you have the upgraded heftier model. Only kidding mate, you'll get used to the banter on here.
                          Welcome to the club,
                          Cheers
                          Eric (clone)
                          Ha ha cheers Eric, a mate of mine has a Marin and he is always joking about Oranges, got to admit though I did have the Orange ST4 and I didnt like it at all. The Alpine is more forgiving if I make mistake, or should I say when I make a mistake ha ha.

Looking forward to getting out with you guys.

Comment

Dont listen to Eric, mine was from pure abusing, he dosent let his turner go down a kirb without getting off

Comment

oh - and welcome, good choice. The Orange brotherhood is forever growing

Comment

Working...
                              X