PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Matt6000
15-04-2011, 15:58
Hi there, Im Matt
Iv been riding for around 2 years now and enjoy every bit of it. Before i turned to mountain biking i was a die hard bmxer but i couldn't stand being couped up in a big shed full of ramps doing the same thing and needed more of a challenge and in the fresh outdoors, so i turned to mountain biking. I own a Trek 6000 series bike (think its a Trek 6400) but its current still all stock items, soon to be upgrading as all the money I was saving up was for my new camera which i have now bought. I was wondering if there is any age limit on going on the rides, as looking around most of you seem to be 20+, and im a 'tad' younger than that :)

Matt :yahoo:

Saint Viper
15-04-2011, 16:25
Hi Matt, and welcome to the forums. :thumbz:

Club rules state that you have to be 18 or over.

Matt6000
15-04-2011, 16:59
aaah well, any reason why this was advertised in my school and aimed at us younger people then ?

Eric A
15-04-2011, 17:09
aaah well, any reason why this was advertised in my school and aimed at us younger people then ?

Sent you a PM to discuss
Cheers
Eric

Budmeister
16-04-2011, 13:55
Im sure you would be able to tag along on a local, non-club ride to see how you get on, even if the club doesnt officially allow youngsters. You would probably be a better rider than most of the older lads anyway!

Another problem is that many of the rides involve driving to another starting location, which would limit your options somewhat.