PDA

View Full Version : New Member

jonny gibbo
23-04-2011, 18:25
Hello

Im known as gibbo amongst other things and i live in st helens and looking to ride more off road now ive semi retired from road racing.
Any info regarding big days out(i have a van) id be grateful for.

Thanks,

gibbo

Pieeater
23-04-2011, 18:33
Welcome - finally turned your back on the black stuff - I hate it.

syk0
23-04-2011, 18:57
Welcome :thumbz:

Geordie Mick
23-04-2011, 19:15

Such a charming welcome Phil!!! Start as u mean to go on fella!!!

Pieeater
23-04-2011, 19:36
Such a charming welcome Phil!!! Start as u mean to go on fella!!!

Mick I said welcome - stop trying to pick at everything and I helped him on the newbie info.

andy-cas
23-04-2011, 20:01
Here we go again lol

Woollyback Paul
23-04-2011, 23:52
Johnny, don't mind the old couple airing their dirty linen in public, the woolies is a fantastic club, come across from the dark side, stop worrying about aerodynamics and start having fun on a bike!

Get yerself on the next newbie ride, flog yer skinny wheeled wonder and buy a bouncer.

Cheers,

Paul

SMN
24-04-2011, 12:36
One stipulation is you have to have a 3.6mm spoke key as I can't find one anywhere. ;)

As Paul said/ment we like the odd pie ;)

Budmeister
24-04-2011, 14:28
Welcome, Gib. It really is a good club and certain members actually own road bikes and have been known to don lycra now and again.
Your fitness should be there, but mountain biking is a different kind of fitness, as well as technical skills, so you will need to get on a newbie ride to be assessed. Everyone has to do it before joining.

jonny gibbo
24-04-2011, 15:17
Welcome, Gib. It really is a good club and certain members actually own road bikes and have been known to don lycra now and again.
Your fitness should be there, but mountain biking is a different kind of fitness, as well as technical skills, so you will need to get on a newbie ride to be assessed. Everyone has to do it before joining.

As soon as a newbie ride is posted ill be on it. Work allowing.

I work away from home quite a lot sadly.

DaveK
24-04-2011, 18:42
Some members are still doing road races

spesh
25-04-2011, 12:33

How can you hate something you haven't tryed, you muppet. I will get you on a road bike one day :yes:. We have a new member to the darkside offshoot club and its growing all the time.

60 miles on Sat (road), 15 miles this morning (mtb) and 30 miles coming up next Friday (Helvellyn mtb). I just enjoy the variety of road and mtb.:friends:

Pieeater
25-04-2011, 19:10
How can you hate something you haven't tryed, you muppet. I will get you on a road bike one day :yes:. We have a new member to the darkside offshoot club and its growing all the time.

60 miles on Sat (road), 15 miles this morning (mtb) and 30 miles coming up next Friday (Helvellyn mtb). I just enjoy the variety of road and mtb.:friends:

Take your pick Mark -
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsGja5MOWO1GE8i2X-MaIiyBTFqX5a6nx4TEDrm0F4CFkzn8tj9w

You know what I mean too many nobheads driving cars , in a hurry etc

Terry
25-04-2011, 19:48
I know what you mean mate i like riding my road bike and i went out and did 32 miles this morning but every junction and roundabout is a total nightmere with loonies in car who havn't got a clue!!! Half don't even see cyclists anyway.