Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob

Hey Guys

Came across this site very interested in getting involved , how do you get yourself booked on the rides !! I believe got to do a assessment or something ?

Any help would be great

Started riding about 6 months ago ( New Bike With Cycle To Work Scheme LOL )

At the moment I'm training to Ride the Liverpool Leeds Canal over two days , Can cover about 27 miles along the canal in under two hours and ride to work everyday down the East Lancs from Hindley to Liverpool 19 Miles Scouser living in Wigan.... Go Figure !! lol . So been riding on different terrain not really done any hills apart from the two great bigs ones on the East Lancs

Would love to go around Rivington Pike but don't know any routes !! ( I live about 10 minutes anyway from Rivvy)

Anyway like I said any help would be great

Baz

Welcome

Comment

welcome mate.

two words:

Tuesday
      Skyride
      Woollybacks Club Routes - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...thewoollybacks
      Members NCR - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...WoollybacksNCR

if you have a route you would like uploading, please email it to: woollybacksncr@gmail.com

Comment

What hills east lancs is flat lol dont worry you will soon find the hills with the club sometimes feels like all We do is ride up hill but they are a necessary evil to get the best down hills look for the newbie ride in June and get out on some ncr's ( non club rides) with the lads and enjoy the best club about hope see you out soon.
        Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Welcome to the club, as above just look out for the newbie ride and in the meantime you could always join the lads for the Tuesday skyride.

One day, you'll look back and laugh at the idea that there are hills on the East Lancs road!

The fact you're riding everyday will be a massive help though as to ride with the club you'll need fitness and technique, if you're reasonably fit to start with it will be a big help, the lads (& lasses) in the club will bring on your technique in no time!
          Last edited by artillerydave; 14-05-2011, 17:31. Reason: security reasons

Comment

welcome Bazx, have read of this:http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...-club-what-now

you have missed Mays newbie ride, so the next one will be June.
            If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Feel stupid now staying theres hill on the East Lancs !! Well at least I've been forewarned , how do I get on this SkyRide Can I just turn up ?

Comment

normaly a post is up, and all you have to do is jsut post up saying u like to it. Same with NCRides members post up a ride they are doing and anyone is invited to join them, meaning ppl get out to ride and u get to meet members and train/fitness, skill up all at same time *simples*
                Just keep your eyes peeled.

Ps. Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Bazx View Post
                  Feel stupid now staying theres hill on the East Lancs !! Well at least I've been forewarned , how do I get on this SkyRide Can I just turn up ?
                  PM sent.
                  Non members are invited by PM.

I post this ride up in the members only forum, so as not to advertise the fact lots of MTBers will be there.

Security and all that...

Comment

Ah Ha !! All Hush Hush and That i get it now

Anyways cheers I'll defo be there .....

I'll be the one at the back panting away !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bazx View Post
                      Ah Ha !! All Hush Hush and That i get it now

Anyways cheers I'll defo be there .....

I'll be the one at the back panting away !!
                      Water and doggie treats for you then :P

Comment

Sound ! as long as there the Winalot ones with the Marrow in the middle yummy !!!

Comment

Reading this thread again sorry but which were the hills can only think of one just before bp (tescos now)petrol station

Comment

Yeah That One By Tesco , and the other I suppose ain't a hill just a good steady incline for what seems like ages around Kirkby

Comment

Get out soon with us mate you'll be fine

Comment

Working...
                              X