just a hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a hello

hi names mark from bootle, liverpool just about to get a bike first one since my 20s. was not planning on doing trails and stuff but on looking at some of the photos and videos it looks like a lot of fun and will be having ago some time soon.
    Are there many new guys in their 40s?

mark

Yes mate you won't be on your own and remember tour only new for the first ride
    Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Originally posted by kobe2018 View Post
      hi names mark from bootle, liverpool just about to get a bike first one since my 20s. was not planning on doing trails and stuff but on looking at some of the photos and videos it looks like a lot of fun and will be having ago some time soon.
      Are there many new guys in their 40s?

mark
      Alright Mark,

I like you have just bought a bike again, after probably a 20 year break. I'm in the process of getting my fitness up at the moment before I feel confident to go out on a newbie ride with the Wollybacks. I am 49 mate but loving it, today I went on a 10 mile crosscountry ride starting in Thurstaton, stopping in Parkgate and then on to Neston before returning to Thurstaton where I then went up to the common to try and improve my technics.

You can't beat off road mate, its a buzz.

Shaun.

Comment

Welcome. As Andy says your only new first time out so don't worry.
        Noobie rides are a formality but there are plenty of Non Club Rides (NCRs) that get posted up, get yourself on one of those and you can judge your own level of fittness.
        Hopefully see you out and about!
        sigpicSingle Speed, Full Suss and now...... ON FOOT ! Whatever next?

Comment

i bought my lad a GT Aggressor 2.0 a few weeks ago which got me googling mountain biking and led me to this site, so thought i would have a little go, put it in the back of my van and went up to crosby and had a go on the sea side path only did a couple of miles and thoroughly enjoyed it just to busy down there though , forgot how hard it was but cant wait to get one now.

thanks for the welcome
          mark

Comment

Mark, most of the club are in the middle of a mid life crisis! get out there on some of the ncr rides or hit a few trail centres (llandegla, etc) where the routes are waymarked and graded by difficulty. build your fitness up then once you've done the newbie ride you can get out on some club rides.

It's an ace club mate so just get stuck in.

Comment

mark as paul said were all ald gets you,ll fit in perfectly just get out n ride fitness soon comes

@ aftershock nice to see someone else riding thurstaston , i love the place know a great loop.but as your a local you may be able to show me some new stuff, if you fancy it 1 saturday morning post a ncr up you should get a few takers

Comment

Aye - Thurstaston due another visit
                Pad up knotty.

Comment

Working...
                X