PDA

View Full Version : Just Saying Hello - Luke

Luke
28-06-2011, 14:48
Hey everyone!

As you can see my name is Luke. I'm a 23 year old Personal Trainer. Currently working in David Lloyd Knowsley. I'm from Ireland and moved over last september to move in with my girlfriend. Living in Atlantic Point liverpool City currently but looking for a new place.

I havent mountain biked in about 8 years, so naturally I have more confidence than skill on a bike! Looking to get into mountain biking over the next couple of months as a hobbie to spend more time with the girlfriend. Unlike me she lacks in the confidence department. Neither of us have mountain bikes yeah but hope to fix that in the coming months. We have bikes (the argos kind) for getting about town but I love outdoor activity and after 8 years of Park skating I'm interested in a change.

Since im self employed I can probably get my bike on C2W scheme. I've been looking at the Cube LTD Comp because if i get a bike i want a good bike that can last me 2 years atleast without having to upgrade. Also i like the bike to be better than me so i can work up to making the most of it. Another consideration was the Rockhopper Pro. But Im on the fence between the two having only used them around a parking lot you dont get to see what they can do.

The lady hasnt really got the full extent of how much of this she is going to be doing if i get my way but she is a naturally compeditive person and will want to challange me.

As I'm a personal trainer I try to keep myself as fit as possible but as something new always throws something different at you it may take me a while to atleast keep up!

Finding it hard to find other moutain bike people around liverpool but found this sight thanks to google!

When I come to getting my bike ill make a post to make the most of the experience that this forum has to offer! By the looks of it there is some good routes to be had in the north west.

Hopefully ill get to tackle these routes with you all some time soon!
Thanks for reading,
Luke

Pieeater
28-06-2011, 14:59
I am running the next newbie ride in July See under rides sectionCube LTD is a decent spec bike for the money - good friend of mine got one .It is set up as a short travel race hardtail - I would look into a few more of the options and if it was to be only one bike (do it all) then a steel hardtail is your best bet IMHO

Luke
28-06-2011, 15:10
I was just reading that for July. I dont know if I will have the bike by then. But if I do I'm there! I dont need a bike to commute, I just wait it for going out on the trails weither it be for a few hours one evening or for a long weekend. I will look around more and thanks for the tips ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED as I want to get a good bike and not one that I find out 3 months down the line is not suited to me and what I want it for at all!

If anyone has some suggestions for bikes in and around the 1k mark slightly over not to much of an issue but under is great ;) that would be great!

andy-cas
28-06-2011, 18:10
I was just reading that for July. I dont know if I will have the bike by then. But if I do I'm there! I dont need a bike to commute, I just wait it for going out on the trails weither it be for a few hours one evening or for a long weekend. I will look around more and thanks for the tips ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED as I want to get a good bike and not one that I find out 3 months down the line is not suited to me and what I want it for at all!

If anyone has some suggestions for bikes in and around the 1k mark slightly over not to much of an issue but under is great ;) that would be great!

Look for a 2nd hand one with that money you could get a bike worth twice that other wise post up and be bombarded with replies I think these are the beat option at the moment

Luke
29-06-2011, 10:33
Look for a 2nd hand one with that money you could get a bike worth twice that other wise post up and be bombarded with replies I think these are the beat option at the moment

Everyone is talking about the Pigs... Are they ahead of the game? Because i dont know about you but that X9 Piglet really looks the part to me :)

Pieeater
29-06-2011, 12:23
Decent long forked steel hardtail can get you round most things .Pigs, on one 456 and 456 summer season , dialled alpine, evil sov - all have great reviews and are bikes that fit in well with the majority of our riding.Steel is the future unless it's a Carbon 456.

Luke
29-06-2011, 13:02
Yeah, dont understand all of what was said above... :) 456, 466 and steel is the future bit is what throws me :)

Sorry not the sharpest mate!

syk0
29-06-2011, 13:26
Yeah, dont understand all of what was said above... :) 456, 466 and steel is the future bit is what throws me :)

Sorry not the sharpest mate!

On-one 456
On-one 456 Summer Season

Both are steel hardtails.
Check out the on-one website