new guy with ss from southport (uk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy with ss from southport (uk)

hi guys my names craig im 21 and am a self employed joiner.i used to be into trials bikes when i was about 15
    that then turned to unicycle trials.i then lost intrest as there wasent many locals i knew that rode unicycles.since then ive been a motorcycle nut have a cbr900 fireblade.since this i was looking to get mountain bike to use for abit of fun instead of the motorbike.so i ended up buying a charge duster single speed had it for 3 weeks now and have been doing about 12 miles every few days on it just riding around getting used to it again not many miles to alot of people but after so long its tiering.anyhow just thought id join and see what people get upto around my area thanks craig

Welcome - there are about a dozen lads who SS in the club.Look out for non club rides NCRs and the next newbie ride in Aug

Comment

Welcome love my ss as well we get up to some great rides 19 miles pluss every Thursday and a few of us ss them as well
      Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Welcome fellow SS'er Craigy, nothing much to challenge a ss'er around Southport though.

Was up there this Tuesday on mine up from Crosby.
        All the best

Comment

cool i have just changed the gearing on mine to a 32/20 for ease of plodding without effort.looking for another bike soon to ss for longer trips with a smaller rear cog.

Comment

Craigy it you are running 26" wheels for Southport you should be running 32/16 and maybe even 32/14
            All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              Craigy it you are running 26" wheels for Southport you should be running 32/16 and maybe even 32/14
              or 33:16

Comment

yep i know i should have harder gearing but for what i want the 20 seems more suitaable to ride at a slower pace with the missus on hers i had a 16 on it and found at slow pace it was tuffer.this is why i am going to build another for the reason of riding on my own and getting places alot quicker.but until i get some money in ill be sticking to the slow easy setup.

Comment

You asked

Originally posted by craigy View Post
                  see what people get upto around my area thanks craig
                  We all do lots off different riding, tomorrow if I'm up early enough I'll be heading from home in Liverpool to the iron men at Crosby and riding North to Ainsdale along the beaches and behind the rifle range, then back home into the head wind that's the Cheshire Lines. I sometimes extend it up the beaches to Southport pier and back
                  All the best

Comment

that is awsome ride the longest ive managed to do is about 12 miles in one go i will probely end up heading towards the caracell in southport about dinner time to look at the bikes out.until i get 2 bikes or a half inch splined nut and a chain whip im pretty stranded with how far i can go at any sort of speed.

Comment

That wasn't awesome at all, although I didn't ride the beaches this morning I was home in under 2 hours.

Club rides can last 6 to 8 hours.

Gear some gears....
                      All the best

Comment

nice picture just ordered myself a 16t sprocket and bought myself the tools to change it over so i can now vary with a 2 minuite job between 16 18 and 20.i just went through to halsall along the moss roaad to ainsdale past the golf course and cut through the cycle path top the coast road then along to southport bit to busy for me so bought my tools on way home and just got in not to long i was out an hour and 10 mins.

Comment

Working...
                        X