Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another newbie

hi all,
    just rediscovered the joys of mountain biking after years away from it whilst training for a triathlon and the bugs well and truly bitten!
    im liverpool based with transport so im keen to get out and try some routes/trail centres asap!
    riding an old spesh rockhopper at the moment but soon as my bike to work ticket lands in a fortnight looking to go full sus.
    Thinking of spending £1300ish so been looking at giant trance x4 reviews seem good but would appreciate any knowledge/views
    from you fellas with a lot more experience than me.

Welcome pal - someone might be selling a new anthem soon and theres a mint Orange five for a few hundred more in the classifieds

Comment

Hi RedGrifter (I had one of them as a kid)

Keep your eye out for the next Newbie ride, or any NCR's (Non Club Rides)

Are you North, Central or Southern Liverpool? I'm N/East(ish)
      All the best

Comment

im orrell park based kiwi and the orange 5 looks great but as im signed up for the btw scheme il have to buy new.
        il be out on the next newbie ride tho.
        them old grifter bikes where like me tho...heavy slow and liable to fall apart when worked hard.

Comment

I have the trance and love it the anthem is also great in my thinking the anthem would be the best unless your a bit heavier like me and the trance is perfect
          Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

An alternative to the bike to work scheme is to go to Thatto's with a 0% credit card and see how much he can do a deal for. (he also does BTW). He is finding that he can offer similar savings by the time final value fee's etc are added.

Comment

Thattos are great and a giant stockist as well so win win
              Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Working...
              X