david reece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david reece

hi i am looking do to some mountain bikeing i am fit as i am a long distance runner so i will be able to keep up the pace, i have the determination to complete the rides and i am a adreniline junkie, i often go on rides myself around where i live through the woods up and down small hills but nothing compared to waht you do, my rides and about 30miles, my bike is a raleigh freeride AT10, if this is not up to speck i will buy a better one if i like the rides, so would i be able to join and i my bike suitable and also when is the next local ride in which i could come and join in and what equipment do i need. thanks

Look out for a newbie ride or a non club ride (ncr)
    Firstly you'll need a helmet, a small rucksack with spare innertube and basic tools
    Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Comment

Originally posted by davereece123 View Post
      so i will be able to keep up the pace
      We'll see

As Kopite says get yourself a helmet, tools, pump, spare tubes and the knowledge of how to use them and get yourself on the next newbie ride this Saturday http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...-ride-20th-aug

Welcome
      All the best

Comment

And a spell checker....

Comment

Welcome look out for the ncrs and invite yourself along there Is a what you need thread on the main website page I think little tip although you may be fit in one sport doesn't mean you can handle another ie I can do a 30 mile hike a bike every other Sunday and a training ride every Thursday so I think I'm fit ish but 10 mins 5 a side football and I'm knackered we've broken some fit people before now lol only kidding c u out soon
          Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

ye thnaks every one and its not jsut a odd run i i run 8 miles every day and at national level , but i canr tmake it this saturday but i am going to go and buy all the gear on monday and will come and join in and thanks everyone i feel really welcome

Comment

i am going to go and buy all the gear on monday
              getting dark nights now.
              Lights suitable for off road use would be a good idea. (normal commuter lights won't cut it...)

Search the forum for lights advice, plenty posted up already.

oh, and welcome

Comment

thanks alot

Comment

well i just looked at the form and it sayd no under18s, i am 17 this year so will i be able to join the club still, lol i dont look 16 im 6ft2

Comment

One of the reasons it's no under 18's is that all (well most of) of the rides that we do you have to drive to the start, so owning a car is needed.
                    Another is for club insurance cover.
                    All the best

Comment

but if i pay half with someone for the petrol will this be ok

Comment

but if i pay half with someone for the petrol will this be ok
                        Sorry Dave you would need to be 18 to join the club, this is due to rules placed on the club through our insurance so keep riding etc and look us up in a couple of years.

Art Dave (Committee member)
                        If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

alright thanks anyway but would i be able to go on ncr rides?

Comment

Originally posted by davereece123
                            alright thanks anyway but would i be able to go on ncr rides?
                            Im Sure you would just ask the person who posts the ride up but you would be responsible for yourself and I'm sure they would still follow club rules of sort, helmets pads and gear you would need
                            Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

alrite thanks and its only 1 year before i can come

Comment

Working...
                              X