Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Orrell end of Billinge

Hi all,
    After a few technical issues I finally got my account here sorted, (cheers Busyfool and Chunk). Originally from near Exeter I have now settled here after being in the Army for 23 years, been here for 4 years now so I guess that makes me old! During the time in the Army I have cycled on and off road in some great locations where I have been sent. In the first three years Of being here I had a nice road bike which I bought in America, (my last posting), but sold it last year when I realised I wasnt really using it.
    Just recently got myself a Bianchi Kuma on the cycle to Work Scheme, its ok for now I guess. Anyway I have been so busy getting settled with work and everything that the old fitness had suffered, used to do a fair bit of running but that bores me now. Also I don't really know anyone in the area so hoping to get out and meet some of you likeminded people, admire the fantastic scenery around here and do some great rides. Also into motorcycling, guitars and pub lunches!

Hello sounds like your real close to me also (read newbie link in introductions) look forward to a ride out - if you fancy it - sounds like there's a few of us round this area.

Comment

Southerner alert, southerner alert

Welcome to the club, we're a good bunch of obsessives
      All the best

Comment

Welcome
        'av yer got leets?

You will need lights suitable for off road riding (commuter lights don't cut it)
        Most mid week rides will be night rides so will be essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
          Southerner alert, southerner alert

Welcome to the club, we're a good bunch of obsessives

Lol, I don't assosciate with Southerners, I'm a Southwesterner!

Comment

Originally posted by whitestumpy View Post
            Hello sounds like your real close to me also (read newbie link in introductions) look forward to a ride out - if you fancy it - sounds like there's a few of us round this area.
            Hi neighbour, I,m just the Orrell water park, you?

Comment

right near me then, top of sandy lane

Comment

And Im just at the Stag in Orrell - not been out with anyone yet either :-)

Comment

Blimey that's three of us in a mile radius! We need to get out on the next newbie ride but not sure when it is yet?

Comment

Me neither I think our friends on here will hopefully tell us when there is an opportunity - Do you have lights? Im looking for some now Lawman has just given me a good link. Im guessing will need something decent for off roading in the dark :-)

Comment

Originally posted by whitestumpy View Post
                      Me neither I think our friends on here will hopefully tell us when there is an opportunity - Do you have lights? Im looking for some now Lawman has just given me a good link. Im guessing will need something decent for off roading in the dark :-)
                      Something I have never done is ride off road in the dark, it sounds interesting! Can you send me the link for lights?

Comment

you got a PM Paddy

Comment

Hiya Guys & welcome to the club. We are a great bunch & very supportive & not cliquey in any way apart from some screwballs who have wandered to the dark side ( they'll be back ).
                          I live in view of the water park & as soon as the DIY is done I'll sort a local Sunday ride Billinge hill to Haigh Hall all off road, look out for my post in the near future 3 weeks I'm planning.
                          see you guys soon.

Tyre ( Paul )

Comment

sounds good Paul, im lookin forward to see what route you'll take

Comment

Sounds good to me too!

Comment

Working...
                              X