Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there many Gals or beginners in the club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there many Gals or beginners in the club?

I've only just started riding mountain bikes.. Llandegla, Delamere etc. so im not quite confident to do anything dangerous or stupid as yet, and how do the other girls cope with all the boys.

Originally posted by mrs trek
    I've only just started riding mountain bikes.. Llandegla, Delamere etc. so im not quite confident to do anything dangerous or stupid as yet, and how do the other girls cope with all the boys.
    We are all about equality in this club. I you van ride your bike at a decent pace and get over some fairly technical stuff you'll be fine. Best to get out on the next newbie ride which is usually in a fairly central meet point. Think the next one will be in early November.

Comment

Hello Mrs Trek what bike do you have?

Comment

I meant if you can not van ;-)

Comment

Theres half a dozen girls in the club that come out regularish but as bazza says everybody is welcoming and you won't feel odd one out try the newbie ride or if you have good lights the Tuesday sky ride is a good start and you don't need to be a member to go on that any questions feel free to ask and somebody will answer them for you altho we have I think 200 members ther is a core of about 30-40 members that ride every time so there will be plenty of good advice defo try the newbie ride and take It from there
          Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Originally posted by mrs trek View Post
            Hi Karen, we have about 6 or 7 female members in the club, a few of these ride fairly regularly with us.

"Beginner" depends on how you class yourself as a beginner, most club Thursday night rides are between 14 and 22 miles and we complete these in 2 to 3 hrs. Sundays are around 20 ish miles and last 4-5 hrs or so. So if you can ride these sort of distances and timings then you should be ok.

As Bazza said best to try a newbie ride and gauge it from there.

Welcome by the way!
            If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

hi welcome
              there is a club rule though girls are not allowed to overtake the boys

Comment

Originally posted by mrs trek View Post
                and how do the other girls cope with all the boys.
                Pieeater copes very well riding with the boys ;-)

Welcome btw
                All the best

Comment

Double post
                  Last edited by JohnClimber; 16-10-2011, 18:29.
                  All the best

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi, I'm a girl - they are a nice bunch :-)

I started off with the Tuesday night Billinge rides - made a good first impression flying off a wooden bridge into 6' drop ditch but kept going. I've only done one club ride and it was brilliant - must get out for more, hope to see you on the trails soon

Comment

Hi, I sometimes scream like a girl on the downhill bits if that's of any help?

Comment

Hi there! just joined forum tonight (see my Post) newish to MTB looking to go on next newbie ride in the meantime also riding at Delamere and Llandegla - might see you there :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X