Bonjour !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour !

Hello, despite my thread title I'm not French, but my bike is! I live in Warrington but ride (and fall off ) all over the place ( Some videos of my rides here ) and I wouldn't mind joining up and doing some riding with the club. I'll keep an eye out for the next newbie ride and try and make it along, however I do work weekends a fair bit which could be a bit of a nightmare! Cheers, Dan.

Looks like you can float on water as well, will be good in the wet weather

Welcome to club, plenty of NCR's *non club rides* happning all though the week so you can invite your selfs on any of these good to get out and meet few members of like minded peeps.

Comment

It's the Lapierre that allows him to walk on water - they're a gift from god himself, hallelujah!

Welcome on board pal, it's a cracking club with loads going on and a great bunch who are always happy to give sensible advice. Ie, don't buy an orange 5 - they're made from scaffolding, don't buy an on one - they're Taiwanese scrap metal.

There we go, I think I've managed to upset 90% of the club!

Comment

Paul you could have gone for a clown wheels reference and moved that figure up to 95%

Comment

and dont forget the modern day asbestos bikes (carbon)

Comment

Hi Dan and welcome

Take a sicky and get yoursef up to Orrell for 9am tomorrow for the next newbie ride.
            All the best

Comment

Welcome Dan, another Warrington woolly. Nice IOM E2E video, it looks like you get about after seeing you Vimeo library. Hope to see ya out soon. Look out for NCR if you can't make the newbie ride.

Comment

Hiya Dan, looking at some of your vids, you ride/have ridden in the same areas as us, will be good to see you out! Nice choice of bike by the way see you out soon.
                L'Onion Boy

Comment

Welcome,

think I like this vid the best!

Comment

Think Dan and Pete Tong at Lee Quarry could be quite an interesting ride

Comment

Originally posted by ants
                      Welcome,

think I like this vid the best!

Video Link: http://vimeo.com/21398681
                      Bloody hell was that guy squatting down for a dump then?

Comment

Originally posted by FizbOmb View Post
                        Bloody hell was that guy squatting down for a dump then?
                        Doubt it, but he probably ended up having one!

Comment

Just watched your End2End video, it looked a bit wetter under wheels than in was in 2009 and 2010.
                          Where you crashed the guy in front of me in 2009 when straight over the bars when he got stuck in a rut as well. I didn't stop

Our gang in 2010

DSC06075 by Johnclimber

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2565551...th/4990557856/
                          All the best

Comment

Cheers for the warm welcome everyone I was cheating slightly for that 'walking on water shot' at Delamere, but it was about minus 5 at the time I actually won Readers Rides in MBUK with that photo, got a nice little Topeak mutli tool and track pump as a prize!

My mate was meant to be taking a photo of me coming down the drop offs at Lee quarry, I had no idea he was going to be that side though, I also had no idea I'd end up going down that way either! And yes he did nearly take a dump when he realised it hadn't gone the way I planned

I can't take a sicky tomorrow, someone else has beat me to it! I'll keep an eye out for some NCR's though.

@Kiwi It was my first trip over to the Isle of Man but you're right it was very muddy, I spoke to a few people who had done it previously and they said it was the worst condition they had seen some parts! The weather was kind to us on the day but it had been raining constantly for about a week prior to the event and some bits were almost impossible to ride. I'm planning on going back for next years and knocking at least an hour off my time.

Comment

The event is great but the waste of 3 days doing it put us off this year.
                              Plus the ferry back in 2010 was a very rough crossing never again
                              All the best

Comment

Working...
                              X