Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Scouseland

Hi all

I signed up here recently so will introduce myself now although it may be next year before I make it out on any rides and I wouldn’t be able to make the newbie ride on 26th Nov anyway.

I got myself a new bike a few years ago (the previous bike was an Alpinetars Al-Mega DX which gives you some idea how long the hiatus was) although I’d mostly been going for family rides and have only really been hitting the trails properly this year, initially it nearly killed me but that gave me enough of a kick up the arse to put some miles in so I wasn’t getting overtaken quite so quickly on the uphills by 14 year olds in full body armour. I’ve well and truly caught the bug though and get out as much as I can but that’s not nearly as much as I’d like to with two young kids (and the missus) to keep entertained. I’ve done Llandegla and Lee Quarry this year and about 5 years ago did a few rides at Coed-y-Brenin, Betws-y-Coed and Nant-yr-Arian with my brother on his spare bike but decided to stick with motorbikes for a bit after my face made company with Welsh rock shortly after discovering I couldn't jump.

I’ll try not to spam the forum too much before I pull my finger out and get on a ride
    It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Alpinestars say no more!

image-1723339959.png

Class of '92

Comment

sorry la only woollybacks on this forum anyone who cant say chiickiin or caars properly not allowed

Comment

Originally posted by knottyknotty View Post
        sorry la only woollybacks on this forum anyone who cant say chiickiin or caars properly not allowed
        Say's Knotty the scouces of scoucers.

Welcome fellow L post code rider
        All the best

Comment

Nice Pieeater Mine was yellow but that takes me back...waaaay back!

I'll remember to come in uniform for my first ride Knotty fans020.jpg

Cheers Kiwi, so there are some townies round here then
          It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
            Cheers Kiwi, so there are some townies round here then
            I think there are 4 or 5 from here, are you North, South, East or Central.

Don't post your address on the open forum
            All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              I think there are 4 or 5 from here, are you North, South, East or Central.

Don't post your address on the open forum
              Good stuff, I'm South. Where abouts are you?

Don't worry, I'm not that soft...in fact Captain Slow isn't even my real name

Comment

Up North East, sorry
                All the best

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi
                    Up North East, sorry
                    Kirkby init John.

Comment

If it is then that's where I work so I'm still blagging a lift.

Comment

Working...
                      X