Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie saying hello

Hi everyone,
    I'm Ash and have just moved to St Helens.
    I've been riding for about a year around Dartmoor and LLandegla and love every second of it. I can get round the red/black ok at Deggy with a few breathers.
    Due to my job I seem to miss every newbie ride so would love to get out on a NCR and meet some of you guys but I'm not sure how fit you have to be.
    I live near Carmill so would also be very grateful if anyone would be willing to show me some local routes.
    Hi once again and look forward to meeting you soon,

Ash

Pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by syk0 View Post
      Pm sent.
      Hi Ash - Im sure you've seen the PM - I think Syko has got just the ride for you. It sounds like you could roll to the start line (if you have lights that is)...

Comment

Hi Whitestumpy, the ride would be good but unfortunately I don't have lights at the mo. Onto ebay just now to get some ordered lol

Comment

There are quite a few threads about lights lol

I also got mine from eBay from a seller called magicshine_direct can recommend then for fast delivery

Comment

Cheers for the advice Superdave, I've read tons of threads about deal extreme, magic shine etc and I still don't know if I've bought a decent one lol. I have one of the xml t6 torches which good but not sure if it's good enough for a night ride..

Comment

xml t6 should be great.

My helmet light is XML T6 light (not torch) so same led just different case.

Comment

I've managed to bodge a helmet mount for the torch so I should see you there. What sort of distance and pace do you ride?

Comment

Pace is "variable"
                  It is a training ride and one section we do as a non stop blast, but no body gets left behind.
                  Distance is normally about 10-12 miles.

If you know the area, we will be riding Stanley Bank Woods, Carr Mill up to Billinge Hill, into Coppice Woods and return via Red Barn Lane.

See you @ 7:00pm

Comment

What lumens is yours Clint - was looking at a cheap one on eBay for helmet - its 1200 lumens £30

Comment

Sounds like the same one.
                      I have added a couple of lenses to spread the beam a bit.

Comment

oh one more question about tonight, whats the terrain like? Will a hardtail ( Halfords GT Aggressor XC2) be ok or should I bring my full sus bike?

Comment

I will be hardtail SS.
                          Not a techy ride, more a fitness ride.
                          The woods at the top can be a bit slippy and muddy but thats only short.

Comment

Had a great ride last night so thanks to Sky0 and the rest for the invite and showing me the way. Cheers for the loan of a light, can't remember your name but it was much appreciated. Hopefully see you again next week

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              Had a great ride last night so thanks to Sky0 and the rest for the invite and showing me the way. Cheers for the loan of a light, can't remember your name but it was much appreciated. Hopefully see you again next week
                              Welcome on board pal - I did post up saying hope you enjoyed your first ride, etc, but then SuperDave pointed out that as it was in the members area of the forum so you wouldn't be able to see it!

Keep your eye out for the Feb newbie ride and get your name down once it's posted up (they tend to fill up pretty quick). Once you've done that the club rides are excellent - superb routes, riding (mostly) natural trails led by fella's that know the area well. We always have a craic on the way round and if you need any advice there's always someone on hand to help - whether it's technique, equipment, or that awkward one about whether you should leave the wife for the au pair - someone always has the answer!

Comment

Working...
                              X