First Time build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time build.

Hi all and thanks for welcoming me to the site.
    I am new to Mountain biking as my hobby has always been the VW MK1 Golf scene, well that was untill the missus said i need a cheaper hobby. I sold the cars and started what she thought would be a cheap replacement.
    I am away with work at the moment (Army) so cant get to build the bike as quick as I would like but will be home soon.

As i said i am new to this so a little advice would be greatfull. Here is were I am, I have an ON-One Inbred Frame with Race face Atlas Bottom Bracket and Crank, but I have no idea what forks will work best with the type of rides you guys do. Also brakes. I was also thinking of using a 1x9 set up but will I be putting to much work on my legs, then there what size cog to use and rear mech/derailer.

Building 30 year old Golfs seem a whole lot easyer.

ounce its on the road i will be joining you guys for the "Newbie" ride.

Martin

If its the first gen Inbred I wouldnt go above 100mm Forks.
    2nd Gen recommended up to 120 mm.
    Lots of different types of riding from short XC blasts to all dayers in the peaks , Lakes , Pennines etc.
    Most of what we do can be done with a decent hardtail. In a lot of cases its more about the fitness of the person on the bike and not the bike itself.
    Wheels - Mavic and Stans seem to be the clubs popular choices.
    Best thing to do is get on a newbie ride ASAP and you can see what we get up to.

Comment

Thanks i think its the 1st gen. will start looking for some forks and a good set of wheels.

Comment

Working...
      X