New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hi everyone, I'm getting into Mountain Biking again after a few years out. I've recently splashed out an immence amount of cash on the best bike on the market... a Carrera, yes I know, I know but its all i can afford at the moment. Right now my fitness leaves a lot to be desired and my skills i used to posess have dwindelled a little, but I'm using the bike a lot now trying to shift all my weight i've gained and get back to the reasonable level of riding i was once at. any information on shortish local routes (10 miles or so)would be great until im fit enough to get myself on a newbie ride.

P.S yes i will be getting rid of the carrera in the summer when i get back off holiday.

Welcome what ever your name is.

there are all sorts of levels of riders on here, just get yourself on a Newbie ride and look out for Non Club Rides (NCR) and invite yourself along.
    All the best

Comment

Hello there - first task is to think of a catchier name.

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the club.

There's a few places / routes to ride around St H, whilst none of them are technical riding they're fine for building your fitness up.

There's a route we do starting at The Waterside that goes around the dam and up to Billinge lump, Clint (psyc0) on here may be able to forward a map.

Aside from that the old bold colliery / back of bold miners is ok, you can link this up via a farmers field over gorsey ln to the 'forest' up the hill, over to the fish pond and then over click face rd up to the dream.

TBH you'll be amazed once you start looking how far you can get and hardly touch a road.

Just get out and ride!

Comment

ok cheers, and with the name, how do i change my username on here? any maps of routes would be much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X