Morning all Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all Newbie here

Hi all, been lurking around for a couple of months but finally got the nerve to join up. I am from Formby in flatlandshire and have been mucking about on MTBs for a few years. I have a Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 and an On-One Scandal which is set up single speed with semi slick tyres on for road and cycle path riding. Regulary ride up Rivi with regular trips to Wales, the Lakes and the Dales. Dont do massive rides mainly because I am a bit unfit with a couple of health problems that hold me back but love getting out on 2 wheels and any ride where I come back alive is a good ride.

I like fixing bikes and always seem to be the first call when my mates have broken something or want a shiny new gadget fitting.

Looking forward to meeting you guys on a newbie ride in the near future, just be gentle with me on the climbs I am not built for beating gravity into submission.

Hi Fastmongrel,

Welcome to the club - there's people of all abilities in the club so I wouldn't worry about your fitness, just get out and ride!

There's a newbie ride once a month which you'll need to do before you can come on the club rides or look out for NCR (non club rides) that sometimes get posted up that anyone can drop on.

Once you're a full member there's load going on - Thursday rides (normally a couple of hours or so) at places like Rivington, Darwen Tower, Dellamere, etc, and the longer Sunday rides when we tend to head further afield to the likes of the Lakes, Peaks, North Wales, etc. And when the club aren't riding there's normally someone who is!

Just as important as the riding we have a laugh (ie, mercilessly take the pi55 out of each other) and all rides end with a pint.

Comment

ha ha is that who i think it is?? i recognise you from ur profile pic LOL. dont let him fool you guys,he was flying down that long descent into Belmont on Saturday,and even made it to the bottom in one piece,which is more than could be said for his riding buddies!!

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X