Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Gt. Sankey

Hi,
    I'm Chris from Great Sankey Area of Warrington. I have recently got back into mountain biking after a 12 year gap. I am currently riding my old 1997 GT Avalanche, which I have had since new in 98. I am trying to get out riding every other night as a way to loose some weight and get fit, as such have lost 13kg in the last three months I have been back into cycling.

I have been to Llandegla more times than I can remember in the last few months, running both the Red and Black Routes. I have become sadly addicted to the Devils app that is Strava. Cycling wise, I am interested in Trail riding, and Training (be it on or off road) to help develop my fitness and bike skills (Hopefully the latter will reduce the likelihood of me becoming a "scenery exocet" again - at which I seem to be quite good at the moment ).

I took part in my first XC race at Lee Quarry last weekend, in which I entered the 'Have a go hero' class. I managed to finish 5th out of 18 which was a bit better than I thought. I really enjoyed the race, even with the dreadful weather. I intend to continue to train, and hopefully take part in a few more XC races.

My other interests Include: Canoeing, Motorsport, Quick Cars amongst others, and most importantly looking after my Wife and 2 week old daughter.

Hopefully see you around on future club rides/events.

Regards
    Chris..

Wow, great introduction to yourself. Should fit right in
    There are a few members who ride with the club from your neck of the woods and I'm sure they'll say hello.
    Welcome.
    sigpicSingle Speed, Full Suss and now...... ON FOOT ! Whatever next?

Comment

Hi Chris,
      From Sankey myself along with a few other Woollybacks. Look out for the Newbie rides and get yourself on one. Well done with the Lee Quarry event, sure I read there was a couple of others entered it aswell.
      See you on a ride soon.

Comment

Yes - welcome Chris. A few of us where in the same vicinity as you at the weekend riding the Mary Townley Loop which actually goes through Crag Quarry. We experienced the rain but for that neck of the woods I expect nothing less, particularly this year.
        If there's no space left on this weeks newbie ride in Dellamere, invite yourself out on any none club ride (NCR) that is posted up.

Comment

Welcome have a look round the site and echo what the other lads say look out for ncr's invite yourself and enjoy
          Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Why not join the woollybacks strava group

http://app.strava.com/clubs/woollybacks-mbc
            The second mouse gets the cheese

Comment

Anyone addicted to Strava will fit in well here.

Nice introduction Chris, look forward to riding with you soon.
              Ride Free...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK View Post
                Why not join the woollybacks strava group

http://app.strava.com/clubs/woollybacks-mbc
                Already have done

Thankyou for the warm welcome everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X