Newbie in Bolton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Bolton

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to get back into riding again after a long time out, I'm living in North Bolton, not far from getting onto some decent rides over the moors/Rivi/Darwen. As my 4x4 off road days and tinkering with a landrover are nearly over I'm looking to 'off road' on two wheels, so I've cobbled together a bike from my old old MTB (bought pre 1994 - steel rigid) and went out for a two hour session (inc lunch break )over Smithills/Winter Hill/Belmont the other day in the driving rain and lighting, best fun I'd had in years, did about 12 miles and 400m +/- in elevation (according to google earth). It was a bit wild on the top under the mast when lightnings striking!

I'm looking to get a more up to date bike as soon as funds allow (I need the suspension!!) but this will only be about the £300 mark so any suggestions would be great.

Did a bit of riding whilst in the Army borrowing a friends 2nd bike in the late 90's around Salisbury Plain/Perham Down areas, I'm just working on my fitness at the minute and being used to being back on the bike, but I've not managed to fall off yet (Probably means I'm not going fast enough!). Hopefully I'll soon get up to a standard to join in a ride or two.

I'll get some pics of my bike to put a smile on your faces and to encourage me to part with some £££!!!

Cheers

Ben

Welcome - good intro that pal - I work in bolton and when not broken do rivvi/darwen etc tues and thursdays. Keep an eye out for NCR's (non club ride) up that way and get yerself out

Comment

Cheers Chunk, I'm hoping to get out at least twice a week even if it's just an hour! I'm out most evenings with the kids on bikes on the handy school field behind the house, they have some nice little 45 degree climbs between pitches and a bit of a wooded area which keeps me interested! I'm keeping my eye out for NCR, I've my fingers crossed it doesn't clash with the plethora of clubs the kids go to!

Comment

Working...
      X