Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Anderton near Rivington

Hi all,

Not exactly sure how to begin! I'm almost 40 and fairly new to mountain biking although was always on my bike up until I got my first car at 21. Not really done a great deal of biking since then but keen to get back into it and what cycling I have done recently I really enjoyed. Lee Quarry in Bacup was great.

I'm not fit as I broke my ankle badly in October and have had a few operations since to fit a load of metalwork but I'm now back on my feet and managed to complete the Manchester Mass Cycle ride a few weeks ago when I did 26 miles.

I live very close to Rivington but with one thing and another haven't yet been round on my bike. I've booked myself on a course weekend after next with Mike Stafford of Mountain Bike Skills so hopefully he'll be able to give me a few pointers and show me round Rivington.

I'd like to join in rides round Rivington as long as not too difficult or extreme until my fitness and proficiency have improved.

Drop me a line if you fancy showing an old goat the ropes.

Cheers

Crooksy

Hello crooksy, im recovering from 9 months off myself and some extra tin in my arm and go through anderton to get to rivvi. Let me know if you just fancy getting out as im a bit unfit at the moment and am not signed off from docs yet so dont do anything tricky. I live in Chorley.

Welcome aswell - great club but can be expensive!!

Comment

Originally posted by CHUNK
      Hello crooksy, im recovering from 9 months off myself and some extra tin in my arm and go through anderton to get to rivvi. Let me know if you just fancy getting out as im a bit unfit at the moment and am not signed off from docs yet so dont do anything tricky. I live in Chorley.

Welcome aswell - great club but can be expensive!!
      Have you been out tonight Chunk?

Comment

I couldnt, I went up rivvi last night and my arse is killing again, I tried, I got all dressed up and sat on the bike and thought it will go but by the time I got to david lloyd I was in agony.

Comment

Shame - it's bound to get better soon. I'm playing Kinect with the wife to burn some energy cos she wouldn't let me out tonight.

Comment

Hide the sausage burns more

Comment

Cheers Chunk, definitely interested so let me know when you're next going to Rivi and I'll join you if I can. You want to let me know on here or send you my mobile number then you can give us a call when you're planning on going out?

Just been out but not far, 5 miles around Adlington. Not a great idea after a big tea! Ha ha

Comment

Hello pal - ill send you my number.

Comment

Nice one, just sent you mine

Comment

today: http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/neZU5PmacSk

Comment

Well done, presume the sit bones were ok to do that many miles ??

Comment

there not now pal ... oooooooh

Comment

No pain, no gain eh. Keep it up mate only 13 weeks to GT

Comment

YEAAAHHHH BABY Feeling good at mo, taking it easy on climbs, Im getting off on anything green and slippy, I cant tell how deep, or anything thatl ping me over the bars.

Should be good by then, have to keep reigning myself in at the mo, rough stuff hurts but it was great to be out today, me n crooksy enjoyed rivvi in the sun

Comment

Had a brilliant day! Thanks Chunk really appreciate it.
                              Good to see the map too

You were right about being hungry - think the staff in Nam Ploy thought I'd not eaten for a month!

Comment

Working...
                              X