Newbie from Warrington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Warrington

Morning all, I've just seen a letter from your chairman, Roger, in What Mountain Bike and thought I'd give you a look, I'm glad I did now. I'll introduce myself quickly, 26 from Warrington, I've been on and off biking for a long time but in the past year and a half I've really got the bug. I'm in the Army so sometimes its difficult to get out, as I'm away up in Catterick during the week (Although Hamsterley Forest is only 45 mins from me) Have been looking for people to ride with in the Warrington area and hopefully there will be some people on here. I'm looking to go further afield and get some more experience. I look forwards to hopefully riding with some of you soon.

Adam

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome Pal - always plenty going on here

Comment

Welcome

Sent from moon base Alfa

Comment

Welcome Adam

What sort of bike are you riding at the moment, & what sort of riding have you been doing ?
          Sha...ting !!

Comment

Hi Adam, welcome from me too, theres a few ex squaddies in the club also so will be good to see you out, Jim.
            Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Zoomer, I've got a Cube Hardtail at the moment but I'm looking to upgrade to a Whyte full sus in Sept when the 2013 range come out. I've been doing a lot of trail centre stuff, some full days out riding but few and far between.

Comment

Cubes are decent bikes, there's a few in the club with one..

Keep on the look out for NCR's- Non Club Ride's, a Newbie Ride, or even post up yourself if you're thinking of heading out, or even just looking for advice with routes..

It's worth making the effort to become a full member, as that will give you access to the majority of the website..
                Sha...ting !!

Comment

Welcome pal, not much to add other than what the others have already said. Keep your eye open for local rides and get yourself out with us when you can.
                  If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Welcome Mate.
                    Woollybacks Club Routes - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...thewoollybacks
                    Members NCR - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...WoollybacksNCR

if you have a route you would like uploading, please email it to: woollybacksncr@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Adam ,I'm based over near Penrith which probably ain't that far from you .so if your over this way give us a shout
                      on the seventh day he rode ,and the lord said to me come fourth and i shall give you eternal life, i came fifth and won a toaster.

I dont get flashbacks i'm still there

Comment

Hi Adam. Did you play Rugby for bank quay bulls before you went in the army???

Comment

I really like my cube, it's a lot of bike for the money I paid for it. The only qualm I had was that the rear mech hanger was hard to get hold of, I bought a few on bulk which sorted that. I'll be looking at getting out on a NCR as soon as I can. As you said for a tenner a year it's well worth it.

Nobby, yeah Penrith is just down the 66.

Fiz, no I joined the army at 17, never played rugby before I joined up.

Well this has got to be the busiest MTB Forum I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by AMChorlton

Well this has got to be the busiest MTB Forum I've ever seen.
                            And as a non member you only see half of it!

Comment

I know, looking forward to getting my newbie ride done and joining properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X