complete newbie from wigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complete newbie from wigan

hi people,im a complete newcomer to mountain bikes.so looking for some starter rides in wigan/ashton/rivington/horwich areas picking up a new bike this week,think im gonna go for a voodoo hoodoo for starter any idea if this is a good one to start with this is the link http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...oductId=786847
    anyone else just starting out to im willing to team up and motivate each other
    thank for any info,btw site looks great

Welcome Dave, theres plenty signing up at the moment and keep an eye out for a newbie ride once you feel up to a couple of hours solid riding

Comment

Welcome ;-)

re bike if you have a extra £150 ya would be better off with the Boardman from Halforfds
      http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165499

Reserve online by Wednesday and get £40 off too
      Last edited by Superdave; 30-07-2012, 11:07.

Comment

Not a bad starter bike but over time u will want to upgrade if u get the bug.

IMO if u can stretch the budget here is a bike that allows to go anywhere and ride all day in comfort (cos its steel) - plus not much to upgrade

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FBOO4561...x5_sektor_bike

Comment

Hey, I'm from Warrington, although I spend a lot of my time away. When I'm back home I'd be more than up for a ride somewhere (I'm not a fully fledged member yet either though). Looking forward to riding with you.

Adam

Comment

Keep an eye out for NCR (Non Club Rides), me and a few others ride up at Rivington most weekends, so your more than welcome to join in and see what sort of stuff we get up to

Comment

ive decided on a http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/pr...Hill_Bike_2011 the salesman said it was better than the voodoo hoodoo,so picking up tues afternoon,and will be racing around haigh hall for a few days first,although racing may be to strong a word for the speed ill probably be going will keep an eye out for NCRS thx for feed back on the bikes

Comment

Not bad it will get you started for sure just put the miles in and you'll be fine
                Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Originally posted by andy-cas View Post
                  Not bad it will get you started for sure just put the miles in and you'll be fine
                  As Andy says, run the Marin into the ground while saving up a grand or two because if the bug bites you'll soon be looking for a different bike.
                  All the best

Comment

Just get out a couple of times a week for 1 hour a time.
                    Then up it to 2 hours a time.

Start slow, you are more likely to injure yourself by pushing too hard too soon.

You can tell if you have pushed enough, when you walk upstairs after a ride, you will feel it in your legs.

Good luck and see you out riding at some point.

Comment

welcome dave, i live in hindley always muching about haigh hall and down canal at night in the week let me know if you want to meet up for a ride

Comment

ok thanks char34 just done a 10km first ride ,ill do a week or so with those then hopefully we can meet up and do some together,btw ouchhhh on my legs after my first ride

Comment

no worries mate, your fitness will come , 6 months ago i could only manage about 10 klm and faulterd at the first sign of a clime, ive done 54 mile today and do on average 220 miles a week and just love to clime for some strange reson,you just have to get out and ride as often as you can , radox bath and out again tomorrow for you , i will be out if you want to meet up for 10 klm then i will carry on , its not a problem

Comment

Working...
                          X