Looking for a ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a ride

Hi, I've just signed up and I'm looking for a newbie ride. I got into mounatin biking by a friend who has recently moved to Canada so I'm looking for some riding buddies who can show me the ropes. I've been riding for about 18 months mainly around Delamere and Llandegla (blue, red and blacks) and I want to improve and find some new trails. I live in Liverpool so any suggestions of sites nearer to home would be appreciated, especially if it doesn't mean travelling across the Widnes-Runcorn bridge at the weekend with only 1 lane open!

I've never used an online forum before so apologies if this is not how you do it.

Cheers, Wayne

Hi Wayne

Welcome to the Woollybacks. There are quite a few of us this side of St Helens are you north, south or central Liverpool?

TBH there's nothing quite like the trails in North Wales this side of the Runcorn bridge unless you head N E to Gisburn Forest or Lee & Cragg Quarries.

Look out for Non Club Rides or the monthly Newbie rides and inite yourself along.

As a matter of interest what off road distances do you ride and how often? And what bike do you ride?
    All the best

Comment

Hello from me too, as Kiwi says keep you eye on the ride forum, this is where the rides are posted and there are all different types of rides shown on there.Theres plenty of good trails around and some are further a field but well worth travelling to, have a look on moredirt.com as this will show every trail etc in the uk.
      Post up the distances etc you ride and what bike you`ve got too, Jim.
      Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

HI Guys,
        Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll keep an eye out for NCR or newbie rides, I'm really keen to get started. I'm generally riding only once a week for about 20km due to work and family commitment, but I'm looking to get out more often whenever possible. I've got a Trek 4300 which I bought a couple of years ago as a starter bike to try out the sport. I'm now looking at upgrading but will have to do it bit by bit to manage the cashflow. I was thinking of upgrading components such as brakes gears etc before dropping a lot of cash on a new frame. I've just read a great review on Shimano SLX m666 brakes and was thinking of getting them to start with. Does this approach make sense? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks for the advice about moredirt.com, I'll check out a few of the rides over the next few weeks.
        Thanks,
        Wayne

Comment

Welcome

Your more than welcome to join us up at Rivington on sunday morning, there is a post about it in the ride forum.

Comment

Hi, I'd love to but I've got a big family event in Colwyn Bay on Saturday night so I won't be in any fit state on Sunday. Thanks for the offer and I will try to make the next one.

Comment

Working...
            X