Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the North West

Hi there!

I've just relocated up to the North West from Birmingham for a new job, living in Newton Le Willows. I've ridden quite a bit of road before (so the fitness is okish) and have taken the plunge into MTB. So as well as being new to the area I'm also relatively new to the sport.

I'm looking to ease into some not too technical rides throughout the Autumn and will keep an eye out for some of the newbie rides.

Hope to be out and riding soon...any advice or some great routes for a beginner would be much appreciated!

Sam

Welcome

If youve got lights we do a none club ride on a Tuesday night.

Sent from moon base Alfa

Comment

when he says lights we mean quality really bright with battery life of three hours.
      It gets get like daylight at times on the winter evening rides.

Welcome Sam, quickest / best way to get with the club would be to do the Tuesday evening ride as its local and not too challenging, technically that is!

Comment

Welcome Sam

I live in Newton and there's loads of local riding to be done in the area. Not too technical as well. As already mentioned, get out on a Tuesday ride and once you've joined, you'll get full access to the forum and can join any "Official" and "Non Club Rides" in the area.

To start you could ride along the Canal (near Bradlegh Road) and head around Carr Mill Dam and on towards Billinge Hill.

Have you still got the road bike as we also do road rides?
        Ride Free...

Comment

Working...
        X