just a quick hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a quick hello

hi all, im jamie from chorley. just thought id take a min to say hi to all u long suffering woolybacks.
    i suppose i should take this opp to tell u a bit about my good self.
    im 28 and iv been riding for about 18 months, it started as a means to walk the dog and get a bit fitter but now it seems to be alll i do in my free time.
    i mainly ride around rivvy, or gisburn, with the odd outing to wales.
    i think the main reason i wanna join a club is its getting increasingly harder to persuade my mates to get out on a ride as its gettin colder and darker,
    so hopfully, like me, you lot dont care what our lovely northern weather chucks at us.
    any how, that enough for now, hope to see some of u on ur next newbie ride.
    any idea when that will be? ta, jamie

Welcome Jamie, there is an abundance of people on here that ride rain or shine. I do some of my riding in your usual places. Get yourself out on a Non Club Ride (NCR) and you'll meet plenty of like minded people straight away. Look forwards to seeing you out on the trail.

Comment

Welcome

There isn't a definite date each month as to when the newbie ride will take place it all depends on when a ride leader has the free time, but there is one almost each month just keep a regular eye on the "rides" section as places are limited on a first come first served basis and fill up pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Comment

"Getting colder" - are your mates having a laugh? This is perfect riding temperature and no midges to boot - result! Just need the vegetation to die back.
        What distance rides and type of rides are you doing?

Look forward to meeting you on the bike.

Comment

hey, well its prob not the cold, more like the relentless rain that puttin em off.
          as for distance and type of ride, that depends who im out wi, id say 15-20 mile average but it swings either way, and depends a lot on hangover status.
          now for the types of ride i do, im open to anythin really. trail centres are fun, went to wales a couple o weekends ago an did llandegla, coed y brenin, marin an penmachno (long weekend). but thers nothin better than goin sumwer new an just settin off and explorin, went to peak district last weekend, never been before, just set off , got lost, and relied on the garmin to get me home, mint!

Comment

i'm only in wigan, so if u ever fancy a good blast round rivvy gimmie a shout. alot of my riding buddies seem to bail alot as soon as we get past september!

Comment

Originally posted by jambo View Post
              hey, well its prob not the cold, more like the relentless rain that puttin em off.
              as for distance and type of ride, that depends who im out wi, id say 15-20 mile average but it swings either way, and depends a lot on hangover status.
              now for the types of ride i do, im open to anythin really. trail centres are fun, went to wales a couple o weekends ago an did llandegla, coed y brenin, marin an penmachno (long weekend). but thers nothin better than goin sumwer new an just settin off and explorin, went to peak district last weekend, never been before, just set off , got lost, and relied on the garmin to get me home, mint!
              I'm sure that will will fit in well Jambo. I know what you mean about the rain - you've just got to grin and bear it ignoring the expensive grinding noises that the bike makes when ploughing through gloop. Seven of us have been in the Peaks today for a 26 miler. Absolutely fantastic weather. The only thing that you missed of your trip to Wales was Snowdon - which seems to be a club favourite. We get away as a group on official club long weekends twice a year to Scotland. There's an unofficial ride to the Alps going next year as well so plenty to look forward to.

Comment

Hi Jambo,

There's always someone riding in the club whatever the weather:

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing." - Sir Rannulph Fiennes

Keep an eye out for a newbie ride or jump on an NCR if you get the chance, once you've got membership out of the way it's a great club to a part of.

Comment

Working...
                X