Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbee

Hi Newbee here Rob from hazelgrove

Returning to MTB after 10 years of BMX. Time for some good old XC riding. Would like to have a look at downhill nothing to serious. Would be good to meet some locals and make new friends. Im new to the area but know it pretty well.

Thanks

Welcome :-)

Where abouts are ya? And what ya riding?

Watch out for the newbie rides and NCR (non club rides)

Comment

Hi Dave

Thanks for the welcome, Im in hazelgrove near poynton cheshire. I got myself a whyte 19 seems like a nice rig. Yet to test it fully. Im hoping there will be a sunday ride soon. really want to get out into thwm there thills lol

Comment

Hi and welcome to the club, I'm sure you'll be testing the bike out soon, welcome again

Phil

Comment

hi and welcome

theres a few lads on here who use to race bmx back in the day, so you will feel right at home. hope to see you out soon, like dave said, feel free to join a NCR and when the newbie ride gets posted up, get on it.

Comment

Cheers guys, just seen a post for next sundry sounds good

Comment

Hi Rob, welcome from me too, keep ur eye on the ride threads for an ncr, non club ride and just invite urself along as everyone is really friendly here. A few of us get out regular on saturdays too and ur welcome to join us too
              Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

Welcome

Is Elvis's Palace still going ??
                  Last edited by Zoomer; 04-12-2012, 22:28.
                  Sha...ting !!

Comment

do you mean elvis's kitchen ?

Comment

If it's the one upstairs on the main st were the Chinese bloke dresses up as Elvis & does a turn, yep

We tried to wrestle the mic off him when we went, but he was having none of it..
                      Lovely waitresses though..
                      Last edited by Zoomer; 05-12-2012, 13:21.
                      Sha...ting !!

Comment

Originally posted by robmclaurin View Post
                        Hi Newbee here Rob from hazelgrove

Returning to MTB after 10 years of BMX. Time for some good old XC riding. Would like to have a look at downhill nothing to serious. Would be good to meet some locals and make new friends. Im new to the area but know it pretty well.

Thanks
                        Alright Rob, what type of BMX riding were you into?

Lee.

Comment

never been on a mic night but the food is good. the breakfast is a winner

Comment

Originally posted by Lee W View Post
                            Alright Rob, what type of BMX riding were you into?

Lee.
                            I still ride BMX we ride park,street, and sometimes trails. rode glasgow a few months ago at a place called unit 23, awesome place. But alot of my mates dont get time to ride anymore and with the crap weather is not as good, so thought i would get back into some XC.

Comment

Originally posted by robmclaurin View Post
                              I still ride BMX we ride park,street, and sometimes trails. rode glasgow a few months ago at a place called unit 23, awesome place. But alot of my mates dont get time to ride anymore and with the crap weather is not as good, so thought i would get back into some XC.
                              Rob, I was into it when the likes of Bob Haro, Eddie Fiola & Mike Domingez were at it, lol.. The stuff they can do these days is just insane, Daniel Dhers is fookin amazing..

Comment

Working...
                              X