Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From not so sunny Nantwich

Hi there!

Just registered and keen to find out what the woollybacks are all about. I understand I have to do a newbie / assessment ride? Just interested in finding out how where, when etc to sort that. Any tips?

Done alot of riding in Wales, the southern pennines and recently broke my wrist at Antur Stiniog.

Paul.

Hello and welcome to the club, I think the next newbie ride will be at the beginning of next year now but there's nothing stopping you joining one of the NCR's (non club rides) there always being posted up, just reply to the posts and join in, beltin....

Enjoy......

Comment

Welcome to the club Paul
      Like Phil said, keep your eye out on the forum for a NCR, or post up yourself if heading out..
      Presume your riding a Rocket, nice bike
      There's plenty of Cotics in the club, no Rockets though..
      Sha...ting !!

Comment

waves to Paul

Comment

Lisa! Howdy!
          Zoomer - yes its a Rocket! Love it!
          Will keep my eyes open for an NCR in the very near future.

Comment

Hi Paul.
            Most of the NCR's are posted up in the members only section. Dependent upon how soon your "very near future" is, a handful of us are riding from Ambleside this coming Sunday - probably about . Post up if you're interested and I'll let you have the details. I don't know how far we will be riding but it's been described as an Epic. Make some space for all the Xmas food and drink.
            There is a non member NCR section. Post up there yourself and often you'll get someone up for going out with you.
            Where specifically do you ride in Wales / S Peninnes
            Welcome to the club!

Comment

Hi Paul!
              In the peaks I ride the Hope valley (jacobs ladder - ladybower etc) cavedale and that area. Macc Forest is a fave. Get down to the Long mynd area and love wales. A vteran at Llandegla and penmachno, thnk the Marin trail is dull, like the Clwds, and just id the mighty Antur Stiniog - and broke my wrist. Love getting over to Coed -y- Brenin. Lakes - love it!

Wont be able to make this sunday - thanks for the offer. I'l check out the NCR section and see whats what - still blindly groping my way around here....

Comment

Originally posted by Cotic Rocketeer View Post
                Hi Paul!
                In the peaks I ride the Hope valley (jacobs ladder - ladybower etc) cavedale and that area. Macc Forest is a fave. Get down to the Long mynd area and love wales. A vteran at Llandegla and penmachno, thnk the Marin trail is dull, like the Clwds, and just id the mighty Antur Stiniog - and broke my wrist. Love getting over to Coed -y- Brenin. Lakes - love it!

Wont be able to make this sunday - thanks for the offer. I'l check out the NCR section and see whats what - still blindly groping my way around here....
                sounds like you'll fit right in, the newbie ride will in jan but they fill up fast so keep your eye out for it being posted, if you do get on a ncr tho theres a chance that a member could vouch for you, once joined we ride the peaks/lakes/n. wales every fortnight on clubrides and theres always ncr's in between, places you thought weren't upto much will surprise you once a few extra bits are thrown in?

Comment

Yep, definitely sounds like you have found the right club. I've not riden Macc Forest or Anthur Stinog but agree with the other comments. The club seems to have recently taken up the downhilling though and AS is very popular.

Comment

Hi Paul, hello from me too, the places you ride are the same as a few of us ride regular and we always post them up on the non-members ride section as an ncr, as do others on here, so if u like the look of the ncr just invite yourself along, everyone is cool on here
                    Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Working...
                    X