Sappinin folks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sappinin folks ?

Drinks are on me but I cant be arsed going the bar..........I'll have an Amstel if your going.

I'm a Scouser married to a woolyback, living in wollyback land (Widnes). The forum seems kind of apt.

I ride mostly trail centres, Degla, Cannock, Aston Hill, Bradbury Hill, Lee/Cragg Quarry, Altura Trail, however ive done some cracking natural trails such as Derwent Water, Edale/Jacobs and even Scafell Pike....dont ask.

I have a 2011 Giant Anthem 100mm and a 2 ride old YT Wicked 160 LTD

Wife says im a fat coont but ill ride anything, nothing has killed me yet (scafell almost).

I have a group on Facebook, open to anyone, 35 local lads that try and get out as often as possible, feel free to join, its called FACEPLANT - UK Mountain Bike Weekends

It was set up to make organising weekends easier for us, its kinda grown on its own since then.

So whats the crowd like around here?

Seems like loads of local folk, shame there is fek all within 45mins drive (not tried Rivi yet) ......possibly one of the worst places to live in the UK for MTB if you ask me.

welcome, I've been eyeing up those YT ltd for a while, amazing spec for the money, does it ride as good as it should?

Comment

Hi Ants, it's deffo confidence inspiring. Needs setting up properly as the factory done seem to know what they are doing. 100% satisfied so far. Only canyon that comes close and I prefer the frame design on the YT. The rims are also better on the YT. Not much in it really. Only drawback is the external cable routing. The Reverb Stealth is internal which is a nice touch, however the rest are external which would have finished the bike off. Im just being picky.
      Last edited by Ell Tell; 24-12-2012, 09:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Ell Tell View Post
        Seems like loads of local folk, shame there is fek all within 45mins drive (not tried Rivi yet) ......possibly one of the worst places to live in the UK for MTB if you ask me.
        Plenty of good riding to be had locally, or reasonably locally, if you know where to look. Most of the rides we do are not on trail centre routes, tend to prefer the natural stuff and for that the North West is well placed, with the Lakes, the Peaks, and North Wales all being within easy reach. If you are mainly used to trail centres then some of the natural riding will literally open your eyes to mountain biking.

Have a good look around on the website, plenty of info and routes available on there. if you fancy joining us the next newbie / introduction ride will be some point in January so keep an eye out for that.
        If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by ants View Post
          welcome, I've been eyeing up those YT ltd for a while, amazing spec for the money, does it ride as good as it should?

Comment

possibly one of the worst places to live in the UK for MTB if you ask me.
            If you ask me it's one of the best places to live as most good riding is within 1 or 2 hours drive away, if you lived next to a great route you'd get bored of it very quickly.

Anyway, welcome to the Woollybacks
            All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post

If you ask me it's one of the best places to live as most good riding is within 1 or 2 hours drive away, if you lived next to a great route you'd get bored of it very quickly.

Anyway, welcome to the Woollybacks
              +1

Comment

When I said one of the worst, I have friends who can see trail heads from their window. Makes me sick. I have to pack the car and drive. Hay ho, used to it now.

On the same note, I have friends that live in Norfolk......zero gravity! Poor ****ers.

Love the natural rides, not done many but game for more.

I'm planning another Derwent water loop, 28k early next year, all are welcome.

Would love to join you guys / gals on the next one.

Comment

Living In Widnes, have you ever tried delamere forest. It's only twenty mins in the car from you and has plenty of up and downs to keep you going for a while and it's ride-able to aswell although I've never tried it and wouldn't know a route but I'm sure a few in the club would point you in the right direction or even guide you.

Comment

I'm planning another Derwent water loop, 28k early next year, all are welcome.
                    Is that the same route as the Borrowdale Bash ??
                    Sha...ting !!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoomer View Post

Derwent Reservoir I would guess

Comment

"I'm planning another Derwent water loop, 28k early next year, all are welcome." Wot u can do the week b4 ur planning on goin is post it up as a Ncr ride in the rides section of the website with an open invite with a bit of a description of the ride, route and difficulty etc. myself and couple of others wud b interested in this
                        Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Fizbomb - Delemere was OK for the first ever 6 months of MTB, has absolutely nothing to offer anymore. For me anyway. Too flat. I would take a few mates if they were just getting into it but TBH, id rather do the extra 30mins and go to Degla.

Originally posted by Zoomer View Post
                          Originally posted by Bazza View Post
                          Derwent Reservoir I would guess
                          Originally posted by jimmy m View Post
                          "I'm planning another Derwent water loop, 28k early next year, all are welcome." Wot u can do the week b4 ur planning on goin is post it up as a Ncr ride in the rides section of the website with an open invite with a bit of a description of the ride, route and difficulty etc. myself and couple of others wud b interested in this
                          Zoomer, Bazza, Jimmy - I'll post it up here nearer the time. All are welcome. It's kind of an XC route but has some attitude, Double diamond black in parts. No gaps, drops etc, so DH rigs would we wasted. Did it on a 100mm Anthem and it was perfect. Some pushing/carrying depending on your fitness/skill level, the descents are amazing.

I'm not precious about keeping routes confidential/quiet, reckon these things should be enjoyed by everyone. Ill send you a map of the route on here, looks straight forward but we got seriously lost on the first trip out.

We have posted some pics on FACEPLANT (Facebook Group) http://www.facebook.com/groups/450495944968490/

Comment

Ive sent you the maps lads........

Comment

Delamere has plenty to offer, surprised at your opinion of the place. A few of us know it well, and it has plenty to offer. It is battered at the moment due to the poor summer / winter, but as it hardens up and dries out a bit it is a honeypot of local action.
                              If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X