Hello from a returning member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a returning member

Well hello chaps and chapettes . I've re joined the Club I have many fond memories of and look forward to meeting some old friends ( Some might not want me to though ) .

I have lost alot of my fitness but am in the process of getting it back enough to enjoy proper riding again - Not on the regular basis I used to do but often enough not to let myself down with puffing like a **** at the tail .

My last 'proper' ride was a couple of weeks back now - a 14 mile Ambleside route and it showed me how bad I'd got as I used to do mega rides and then some more . So I promptly got my bike head back on , downloaded Strava and set about losing the pounds .

I've bought a road bike off Jonesy so have NO excuses if one bike is out of action .

Some of you may know my hobby I am into since leaving the WB's is racing a car ( that said it's taken 2 years to build this now ) . Here's a link if you want to see it http://www.trackmini.com/index.php/t...rged-race-car/ .

So HELLO everyone and see you soon .

Oh - Have entered the Whinlatter Challenge , will enter the E2E on 1st Feb (entries open ) and probably the Sam Houghton if I'm not racing the day after . I'll wear my OLD Woollybacks top as it's seen some action

More comebacks than Rocky - lol.

Welcome back the Original El Guapo rider .

What you gonna be riding Nige ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pieeater View Post
      More comebacks than Rocky - lol.

Welcome back the Original El Guapo rider .

What you gonna be riding Nige ?
      - It was a Motolite . I'm on Eric's Old 5 spot for now BUT I have a feeling i may change it one day . I want a Genius (old style 130mm ) again but I'm NOT spending money like water again

Comment

funny you should say that nigel as i have a carbon one for sale ,mc 10 replacement triangle after the unlimited gave up the ghost ,still under warranty from thattos if your interested pm me sure we can work something out ,actually still has the fox talas forks on still going strong

Comment

pm'd you Knotty

Comment

Nice to have you back Nige.

Look forward to some rides in the near future.

I've said before, there's no escaping this club. Once a Woollyback, always a Woollyback.
            Ride Free...

Comment

will be great to see you out and about again look forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Spud View Post
                will be great to see you out and about again look forward to it
                It would be nice to see you out and about aswell Neil.
                Nice car Nige. Nice to see ya back.
                There's a few of us doing the Winlatter Challenge and stopping over in Keswick on the Saturday night too. I think there might be room in the bunkhouses. Speak to zoomer.
                Last edited by Fizz-bum; 14-01-2013, 22:10.

Comment

Welcome home Nigel
                  All the best

Comment

Cheers Guys .

As for Keswick - I've got a friend, I and family are stopping at but thanks

Comment

welcome back mate when we riding

Comment

Welcome back Nige, will look forward to getting in your way on the trails!

I think you should buy a Halfrauds special....

Are you coming to the Alps in July?

The Woollybacks are definitely like the Mafia......with Don Roger the Godfather.....you can never leave! Lol...

Comment

Be good to catch up again Nige. C u soon mate.

Comment

Working...
                          X