Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a Garswoodian??

Hello all,

Just a quick introduction! My names Stu, I live in Garswood, I stumbled across the Woolybacks after searching the internet for local trails to ride. I already know most of the trails around Garswood, Billinge, Bryn etc and currently try to get out every weekend for somthing between 10 and 20 miles.

I'm training for an event called the Cumbrian Commotion which involves running, mountain biking and kayaking through a Grizedale Forest course in March so tend to run then ride on a saturday or sunday morning. Dark nights and mornings aren't the best for bike training through the week before or after work.

I'm hoping to link up with other local members and will try to get myself on one of the NCR's or other open rides soon so i can can pay my tenner and sign up.

In terms of experience, I've ridden all my life, raced BMX's, an ex-wigan wheelers member with plenty road miles under my belt. I dislike road riding these days to be honest and tend to concentrate on off road or xc stuff. Always had MTB's since the days of Raleigh Mavericks and now ride a Specialzed Hardrock Sport which i finished building late last year. Previous ride was also a Hardrock but of a much earlier vintage and no longer looked the part!

Thanks all and hope to see you around!

Stu.

A warm welcome Stu

Comment

Welcome to the club, your in the right place

Comment

Hi stu and welcome to the club. I know its not bike related but out of interest where about do you do your canoeing part of the training I used to do a lot of kayaking when I was younger and would really like to get back into it but don't have anyone to go out with, done a bit of white water even competed few times too.

Comment

welcome stu get yourself on the skyride on tuesday you will need a good light maybe take one of the landy pal

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome all, much appreciated.

@ Chris - most of my kayaking has been done in Welsh rivers so far but not paddled for few years now. Kids came along and I had to get all unselfish! I've been trying to contact Wigan canoe club but unsuccessfully so far. They met at Scotsmans flash.

@ Wiggy - how on earth did you know? Do we know each other in real life?

To explain to everyone else, I have a landrover which I trial in red rose landrover club's annual championship. It's kind of big and wrecked and parked in front of my house. You can't miss it...Wiggy must know me somehow.

Stu

Comment

Sussed you wiggy, I should have known! I've inboxed you on fb mate. Let me know when you're next doing the skyride.

Stu.

Comment

Working...
              X