Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I've heard many good things about the community and really hope it's ideal for me.
    I've been MTBing for 3 years - only really been round easier route Grizedale & Peaks etc. I'm primarily a keen road biker with 10+ years of enjoyment. Usually do about 30+ miles preferably up some decent hills. I'm currently attempting to train for a couple of duathlons later this year. So could do with some moral support and banter. I'm based in Macclesfield; but work all over the NW, Derbyshire and Shropshire - so pretty flexible when it comes to ride locations.

To cut a long story short - a nasty break up has meant I've lost all my previous riding partners and so I'm tentatively hoping to make new friends and acquaintances by using the forum.

I ride purely because I enjoy it and it's fun. I think it should be as simple as that.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura,
    Macclesfield, rode through there the other week on road bike from Warrington to Button. It's a great club, if you've already got a mountain bike keep an eye out for the Newbie rides which get posted up.
    Also a few of us don't mind riding road bikes but keep it to yourself...
    Last edited by silverscoob; 18-07-2013, 21:37.

Comment

Good bunch of folks here Laura, look out for the NCR (non club rides) and get yourself booked on a newbie ride so you can become a member and access many more rides on the forum.
      Sounds like you will fit in well.
      Welcome to the club.
      Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

Comment

Originally posted by LMB View Post
        Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I've heard many good things about the community and really hope it's ideal for me.
        I've been MTBing for 3 years - only really been round easier route Grizedale & Peaks etc. I'm primarily a keen road biker with 10+ years of enjoyment. Usually do about 30+ miles preferably up some decent hills. I'm currently attempting to train for a couple of duathlons later this year. So could do with some moral support and banter. I'm based in Macclesfield; but work all over the NW, Derbyshire and Shropshire - so pretty flexible when it comes to ride locations.

To cut a long story short - a nasty break up has meant I've lost all my previous riding partners and so I'm tentatively hoping to make new friends and acquaintances by using the forum.

I ride purely because I enjoy it and it's fun. I think it should be as simple as that.

Cheers,

Laura
        Hi Laura,

There's all abilities, fitness levels and riding preferences within the club, I've found there's always someone wanting to ride something similar to your own preferences (there are even some MAMIL's about). Don't know about the moral support but there's plenty of banter, the two can be substituted right? Look out for some NCR's (none club rides) and invite yourself along if they interest you, if not post up any rides your planning and see if people want to join.

Hope to see you on a trail soon.

Adam

Comment

Hi & welcome to the club Laura

As Choff said post up if you see a NCR- Non Club Ride that you like the look of, or even if you're just thinking of heading out. There's always plenty of ride's going on but for various reasons most are in the members part of the forum..

Otherwise keep a look out for the next newbie ride
          Sha...ting !!

Comment

Hi Laura! Hey another girlie! Not many of us! Welcome ... I am north manc and rivi is on doorstep, but always plenty of stuff going on! Cracking group of like minded people x

Comment

Welcome fellow Maccite, great group here "ride your bike and enjoy it" is what we're all about

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Comment

Originally posted by TaZ View Post
                Welcome fellow Maccite, great group here "ride your bike and enjoy it" is what we're all about

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
                Your brother's not - he rides us into the ground and then jumps on us!
                Welcome Laura. Like your philosophy but prefer to add a beer at the end - especially in this hot weather.
                I've done a few of the Open 5 duathlons in the past and found them to be a good; if exhausting, day out. Well recommended but no takers on this forum so far, even when I got them free entry!

Comment

Originally posted by Pringle Paul View Post
                  Your brother's not - he rides us into the ground and then jumps on us!
                  Yeah but to him, that is fun so still the same mantra. Plus he's not a member so doesn't count

Comment

Welcome Laura, your in the right place

See ya soon

Comment

Welcome to the club Laura

Comment

Hi Laura,

I joined the club earlier this year to learn some new routes, meet likeminded people and train for a x triathlon I was doing in Grizedale. So far its exceeded all my expectations! A great group of people who are always happy to help and advise newer riders on how to improve. Plenty of rides going out each week and a great laugh both on and off the forum. You've come to the right place

Comment

Welcome Laura

Ditto what everyone else has said, great club for getting in plenty of brilliant rides and a genuinely great community from which I've made a load of good friends...assuming all the p!ss taking what meant in a good way
                          It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                          X