Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all another newbie lamb to the slaughter

Hi all
    Just stumbled on this site and so glad I did, very lonely pedalling around by myself ha.
    I got back into MTB about three years ago having not ridden for way to long. Must say I'm loving it again.
    I based in Southport and regularly blast around the pines at Formby, there are some great tracks through there especially mid week when it's quite. Also been upto Rivington a few times.
    It would be great to meet up with others and go for blast, just hope I can keep up.
    Anyway that's my intro so I'll have a browse around the site now.

Thanks Craig

howdie craig

most of the site is on the members side plenty to going there
    Keep an eye open for the next newbie ride in January i think ?

also watch for a non club ride posted on the open forum and tag along
    see what its all about
    there are plenty members over your neck of the woods too

you will keep up dont worry about that its not a race

Comment

Welcome Craig !!!

Comment

Welcome Craig, you may have a little wait for the next newbie ride with Christmas coming up but keep an eye on the forum for non club rides.

Catch you soon

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for replying and the info I'll keep an eye on postings, quite looking forward to getting out.
          Better make sure my bikes in tip top, I've been having a look what's required for a ride out, spares etc better get some things together over Christmas,
          I've built a couple of bikes up both Retro, a Trek Y33 and Bianchi Blackwidow. Both run modern group sets and components so hopefully will be strong enough
          I'm still getting lots of restrictions on the site, can't view photos or access much of it is it because I'm a newbie I wonder?

Comment

yep that is the reason craig, it is limited for new members due to recent changes on the forum

but don't be put off we are a good bunch and all the secrets will be revealed in the end

Comment

Is there one of those secret initiation ceremonies and everything?!
              Oh no not again!

Comment

Welcome to the club Craig, think you'll enjoy yourself

Comment

Hi Phil
                  Not sure if I can attach pics yet but i'll give it a go
                  DSC_0027.jpgIMG_0258.jpg
                  Thanks C

Comment

Originally posted by Clannagh View Post
                    Hi Phil
                    Not sure if I can attach pics yet but i'll give it a go
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12231[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks C
                    Looking good, just need to get them dirty now

Comment

Yep thats the plan, maybe swap those flimsy Trek wheels too.
                      Do you get many Retro bikes in the club? These are XTR and XT M770 group sets so not to out of date hopefully. Trek weighs just under 23lbs so who knows I may not be to far behind

Comment

There are all sorts of bikes in the club Craig, some even have 29ers I have a retro GT RTS3 but tbh I never use it, stick to my stumpy or in this weather my steel hard tail blue pig

Doesn't matter what you ride tho, just get out n enjoy yourself that's the main thing

Comment

Hi Craig

Several of us have a loop from Liverpool up to your local woods and back again using the Cheshire lines and the coastal paths or beaches.

I'll be up that way over Christmas a few times as I don't drive and ride that much over the holidays.

See you soon

John
                          All the best

Comment

Ooo 29ers I've heard talk of this new breed, one day maybe who knows I may even have one myself :-)

Comment

Hi sounds a good trip out. I've been upto Formby quite a few times, usually lifeboat rd carpark as its free. Could probably spend all day in there criss crossing. I had an iPhone mtb app running last time, when I looked at the map of routes I had just done it looked like a spider had crawled across the page. Had gone all over the place but not covered much distance. :-)
                              Hopefully see you up there sometime

Comment

Working...
                              X