Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just getting into this. You guys could be just what I'm looking for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just getting into this. You guys could be just what I'm looking for!

Hi, My names Matt I'm 23.

Originally from Lake District but now live in Preston. I needed to get a Summer fix for Winter sports, been out a few times on a mountain bike and it's now all I think about/talk about. Been out a few times with my mates who are pretty good, but I can't ride with them every weekend cos they live in the Lakes. I've almost got my mitts on a Canyon Strive, and I need some pointers so I'm not just "all the gear and no idea." Whilst I'm fairly new, I can cope with the downhills, just a bit of cardio needed for the uphills!

Looking forward to a few rides in the local area and meeting some new people. Next "Newbie Ride" nearby and I'm there!

One final thing, I'm looking into bike insurance and got a quote for £100 for the year. Is that pretty normal? This paycheck is gonna have to go a looong way.

Matt

Hi Matt, welcome

Nice bike! Get yourself on a newbie ride and I'm sure we'll see you out with the club soon!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Matt, welcome Sounds like you've already caught the bug pretty bad so get used to eating beans on toast but getting lots of new shiny things from the post man

Adding your bike to the house insurance is much cheaper than separate insurance, just check it gives enough cover including away from home and you made need to list it as a specific item
      It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Cheers guys, thanks for the advice I'm looking into adding my bike onto Contents insurance. It's so reassuring to hear people respond saying "nice bike" as opposed to "How Much??!!!" Some people just don't understand...

Comment

Hehe, they aren't cheap that's for sure but canyon offer pretty decent value for money and so far their customer service seems good. The Feb newbie ride will be announced before too long I'm sure so keep an eye out for it.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the club Matt
            Sha...ting !!

Comment

Hi Matt
              I'm still a newbie to in Southport. I got into MTB,s a couple of years ago not having ridden push bikes for a long time, you've got some good places to ride nr you just north west of preston, also have you tried Rivington pike yet?
              Hopefully meet up
              Craig

Comment

Just a little South of you is Abbey Village. Had some great rides from there up to Darwen Tower, Great Hill and around Brinscall. Hoping to head there this weekend with the missus if possible, as not been that way for months (not with Rivington on our doorstep).
                Last edited by Annatars Gift; 31-01-2014, 11:02.

Comment

Cheers, I wanna find some nearby trails. Went back to Cumbria this weekend and got a taste. Can't wait to get back out, I'll try and get through to these places before I explode.

Comment

Working...
                  X