Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for larfs

Morning,

Born again middle aged mountain biker looking to blow the cobwebs away. Id suggest fair weather too but Im not sure well have that again at this point.
    I bought a full suspension ghost about a year ago and still learning about what it can do and what I can't do. I enjoy the trail centres (Gisburn and Llandegla) but love the fact that you can see three times as much countryside out riding rather walking plus the downhill bits are easier are the knees.

Looking to join and sees whats out there. I liked the tone of the forums. Here am I. Also looking to get advice and tips re bike packing.

Based just off M6 j16 so easy driving.

Pleased to meet you all.
    Simon

Hi Simon and welcome

Take a look at tomorrows Newbie ride thread at Rivington.
    All the best

Comment

Hi Simon. As Kiwi says, take a look at the newbie ride going on tomorrow.

There are two ways into the club: sign up for and attend a newbie ride showing enough fitness / ability to get through or get out with members on NCRs (non club rides). These are rides arranged by members that aren't part of the club's annual ride calendar. Meet a few people and show you can ride a mile or two without falling off or passing out and you may be vouched for by a current member.
      We do this to make sure we don't have unfit, unprepared people turning up for big club rides, embarrassing for all if you're turning back after the first hill

There are newbie rides every month and loads of NCRs all the time including midweek, weekend and night rides.

It's a great club, get yourself out with us and you won't look back!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome mate. It's a great club with loads of "epic" rides so I'm sure you'll love it. There are a few that do bivi rides too so you'll get advice from them
        It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Hi simon and welcome.

Oatcake eater myself

Loads of advice on here if needed duck ;-)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm an oatcake eater too! Live a bit further north now.....

A few of us are doing an easy paced ride on Sat 15th March if you're interested in that? See ''Members NCR rides'' and the thread in there for details; Buxton Circle so not too far for you.....

It's a great club, you'll love it.......

Comment

I didnt no that tracey :-)

Comment

Cheers everyone,

Thankyou for the big welcome!
                Don't take my non appearance at Rivington as a lack of enthusiasm. This weekend not an option. But March looks good! Just back from climbing cascades in Italy and running to keep my weight down but no bike fitness yet.

The night rides sound interesting. Any advice re lights?

See you there.

S

Comment

Welcome from me too pal and I mirror wots been said above too, Neal who's posted above is the clubs light man, as he knows a thing or 2 about them( to say the least)
                  Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Originally posted by SKWEEKS View Post
                    I didnt no that tracey :-)

Aye.....down Castle up Anley duck.... I used to live two miles off J16 (Audley) before I moved to Pie Land and learnt to speak Wiganese lol....actally still learning (went for Euros to Wigan post office not long ago and Tyre had to interpret! )........I still miss my oatcakes........

Comment

Originally posted by Jimnesia View Post
                      Neal who's posted above is the clubs light man, as he knows a thing or 2 about them( to say the least)
                      I am a bit of a

There are loads of light options but a safe bet for a light from the UK with a decent charger and battery that doesn't cost the earth is this http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/bikehead...-cree-xml.html Ideally get 2 with one on the bars and one on your lid so you can see where you're going and where you're looking plus if one fails you're not knackered.

If you're spending lots of money Hope lights are good with excellent warranty. You can get brighter and cheaper from China but it can be a bit hit or miss.
                      It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                      X