Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined newbie!!

Hi am stu

Iv enjoyed mtb'n all my life pretty much but never really had the skill or the funds to take it very far until about a year and a half ago, my friend mark g who is a club member invited me on a ride up billinge hill and through coppice woods. Safe to say iv been hooked ever since , I started out on a trek mamba 29r what I thought cost me the earth lol but soon realised you get what you pay for as compared to my bikes in the younger years it was a beast!! On that iv done degla a few times , rivi pike twice, gisburn Forrest, rainford/billinge hill a couple times and also delamere a couple of times and enjoyed every second . My fitness isn't too great at the moment but I'm working on it just got a cheap second hand hybrid to ride to work and about on , plus iv sold the mamba and bought myself a titus el guapo with the pike fork I love that bike! Only been on a few rides on it up to now delamere a couple of times with mark and rivi with mark and CrashAndy another club member last weekend that was an awsome ride! It's miles ahead of the trek and it fits my perfect the mamba was a bit stretched and tall. That's pretty much it looking forward to taking my riding to the next step thanks

Hello, stu
    Welcome to the club!! Please take time to have a look around the website and introduce yourself on the forum in the introduction section(if this isn't you doing so already), please look out for the next newbie ride as this is the best way into the club! The newbie/introduction ride isn't as daunting as it sounds it just gives us a level of fitness and skill that you are at so you don't end up miles from nowhere with not being able to carry on.
    Another way into the club is to invite yourself along to a NCR (non club ride) which are posted in the non members section of the forum and if somebody feels your skill and fitness is of a good level they can vouch for you!
    Please take some time looking at the kit you require there is a small list here (http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...-and-old)these things will help if you have a breakdown or mechanical whilst out on a ride, the club members are usually great and will have some spares for the occasional thing that has been forgotten but it's great if you can be organised with your own spares .
    The club is a great place to be with almost a ride a day with the various ncr's and club rides. We ride all over the north from the Lake District to the Peak District to north wales and various places in between .
    Thanks for reading and hope your experience with the club is a long and exciting one if you have any problems or more questions please feel free to post up in the introduction section where members will be on hand to help or message me or one of the other committee members.
    Hope to see you on the trails soon Andy (andy-cas)
    Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Hi Stu, welcome to the forum

Are you local to Billinge? There are a few of us quite nearby so might be easy to link up for local rides.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the club stu, great set of people with loads of different rides to go at, enjoy

Comment

Not local to billinge bud but not far away warrington

Comment

Thanks r6 appreciate it

Comment

good to see you.ve signed up Stu that was a tough loop round rivi 17 miles and 3000ft your fitness isn.t far off and technically you.ve no.problem I.m more than happy to vouch for you if a commitee member can sort your membership out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks a lot mate that was a really good ride longest iv been on yet really enjoyed it

Comment

Welcome dude, you'll not regret joining. Really top club n you'll love getting out a lot more.

As Andy's already said, Stu did a decent Rivi loop with us last week as well as loads of other rides so I'm happy to vouch also :thumbs:

Comment

Cheers dude lookin forward to it 👍 rivi is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get your tenner across and a form filled in and we can sort it or come on next newbie ride and have more fun

Comment

How do I go about doin that Andy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuparker View Post
                          How do I go about doin that Andy ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          find the membership form on the website I'm sure you can do it online if not print it off send a 10 with paypal and we can get your permission changed I'm new to committee so still finding my feet I'll pm art Dave

Comment

Stu,

If you are paying by paypal make sure you pick the family and friends (gift) option otherwise fees are taken from the payment and the club doesn't get the full tenner.

Comment

Cheers ��

Comment

Working...
                              X