Now then!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now then!

Alright guys and gals, my names mark, hailing from leyland. Only recently got into mountain biking after a stint on road bikes. Got myself a boardman comp and love it. Looking forward to getting on a ride with everybody and meeting some new faces.

welcome to the club mark

i see you put your name down for the newbie ride. good lad

loads of riding to be had, when a full member a new section of the forum opens up with night rides, days rides, weekend, trips away etc

great club, great guys and gals and a wealth of information

see you out soon

Comment

Hello Spunky, welcome to the forum

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello, spunky
        Welcome to the club!! Please take time to have a look around the website and introduce yourself on the forum in the introduction section(if this isn't you doing so already), please look out for the next newbie ride as this is the best way into the club! The newbie/introduction ride isn't as daunting as it sounds it just gives us a level of fitness and skill that you are at so you don't end up miles from nowhere with not being able to carry on.
        Another way into the club is to invite yourself along to a NCR (non club ride) which are posted in the non members section of the forum and if somebody feels your skill and fitness is of a good level they can vouch for you!
        Please take some time looking at the kit you require there is a small list here (http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...-and-old)these things will help if you have a breakdown or mechanical whilst out on a ride, the club members are usually great and will have some spares for the occasional thing that has been forgotten but it's great if you can be organised with your own spares .
        The club is a great place to be with almost a ride a day with the various ncr's and club rides. We ride all over the north from the Lake District to the Peak District to north wales and various places in between .
        Thanks for reading and hope your experience with the club is a long and exciting one if you have any problems or more questions please feel free to post up in the introduction section where members will be on hand to help or message me or one of the other committee members.
        Hope to see you on the trails soon Andy (andy-cas)
        Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Originally posted by andy-cas View Post
          Hello, spunky Welcome to the club!! Please take time to have a look around the website and introduce yourself on the forum in the introduction section(if this isn't you doing so already), please look out for the next newbie ride as this is the best way into the club! The newbie/introduction ride isn't as daunting as it sounds it just gives us a level of fitness and skill that you are at so you don't end up miles from nowhere with not being able to carry on. Another way into the club is to invite yourself along to a NCR (non club ride) which are posted in the non members section of the forum and if somebody feels your skill and fitness is of a good level they can vouch for you! Please take some time looking at the kit you require there is a small list here (http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...-and-old)these things will help if you have a breakdown or mechanical whilst out on a ride, the club members are usually great and will have some spares for the occasional thing that has been forgotten but it's great if you can be organised with your own spares . The club is a great place to be with almost a ride a day with the various ncr's and club rides. We ride all over the north from the Lake District to the Peak District to north wales and various places in between . Thanks for reading and hope your experience with the club is a long and exciting one if you have any problems or more questions please feel free to post up in the introduction section where members will be on hand to help or message me or one of the other committee members. Hope to see you on the trails soon Andy (andy-cas)
          Do you just cut and paste this every time someone joins cocker ?

Comment

Originally posted by foz View Post
            Do you just cut and paste this every time someone joins cocker ?
            basically mate because the newbies are my job in the committee feel I should be one of the firsts to say hi and give a few pointers and if I rote a reply to everybody I'd never be off the forum so thought a generic hello from a committee member would be ok I do change it if I see a certain point to be made

Comment

Originally posted by andy-cas View Post
              basically mate because the newbies are my job in the committee feel I should be one of the firsts to say hi and give a few pointers and if I rote a reply to everybody I'd never be off the forum so thought a generic hello from a committee member would be ok I do change it if I see a certain point to be made
              Gotta love a generic hello

Comment

Ps. Welcome Spunky, nice name

Comment

Originally posted by foz View Post
                  Gotta love a generic hello
                  lol people don't usually tell but when you get 3 on the bounce like today iv been caught out

Comment

Working...
                  X