Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone.

Im Matt. I have been riding mtb on and off for a few years, as I live in Manchester the road bike gets a bit more use ( please don't judge ) Therefore I'm looking to broaden my proverbial mtb horizons. I have recently left the armed forces and looking to improve my fitness and skills with a good bunch of people which this club seems to have.

As I am unknown to all of you I would be looking at attending a newbie ride (not been called a newbie since 1989 ;-) ) Is there one due?

Hopefully I will see you all in the not too distant future.

Welcome to the mad house pal, there's a newbie ride on once a month so just keep your eyes on the rides section. Go a few ex-forces (and current) within the club so I'm sure you'll fit right in, certainly plenty of banter.

Where do you tend to ride the MTB when you get/had the chance?

Comment

Welcome Matt

There should be a newbie ride posted up before too long, in the meantime keep an eye out for members rides (NCRs) being posted up that you can jump onto.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the club Matt, ^^^^wot they said ^^^^

Comment

Hello matt ,

Welcome to the club!! I'm Andy Cas and Im the committee member that looks after the newbie rides and newcomers to the site please take time to have a look around the website and if you need any help with anything or anything explaining give me a shout.

Please look out for the next newbie ride as this is the best way into the club!
          The newbie/introduction ride isn't as daunting as it sounds it just gives us a level of fitness and skill that you are at so you don't end up miles from nowhere with not being able to carry on.

Another way into the club is to invite yourself along to a NCR (non club ride) which are posted in the non members section of the forum and if somebody feels your skill and fitness is of a good level they can vouch for you!

Please take some time looking at the kit you require there is a small list here:-

(http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old)

These things will help if you have a breakdown or mechanical whilst out on a ride, the club members are usually great and will have some spares for the occasional thing that has been forgotten but it's great if you can be organised with your own spares .

The club is a great place to be with almost a ride a day with the various ncr's and club rides. We ride all over the north from the Lake District to the Peak District to north wales and various places in between.

Thanks for reading and hope your experience with the club is a long and exciting one if you have any problems or more questions please feel free to post up in the introduction section where members will be on hand to help or message me or one of the other committee members.

Hope to see you on the trails soon Andy (andy-cas)
          Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Hi Matt,
            is
            I have recently joined the club in Feb this year and was in a very similar place to you, just left the forces and Living in a city wanted something to fill the void which kept me out in the county side. The club has not disappointed, sometimes on a gruelling club ride is like being on a 10 miler at Catterick all though still working out if that is good thing. There are lots of spots not to far from the cities to get out and ride led by the members. Get out on a newbie ride you wont regret it

Comment

Hi Matt and welcome from me too. This is a great club with plenty to offer at all levels of fitness and ability

There's a Tuesday night skyride most weeks in St. Helens thats worth jumping on as well as rides most weekends too.
              The skyrides good to gauge ur fitness too with the other lads and although it's usually around 12 miles it's a good run out in good company
              Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Welcome Matt

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
                  At the moment Im doing a bit of exploring as well as the usual LLandegla, Gisburn, Grizdale and as my parents live in Bacup, Lee Quarry (never knew Bacup could be such fun :-) )

I don't know if this is the right forum but would be happy to attend the newbie ride in July. The only problem is I work away and I am due out of the country around this time.

I am aware no one can vouch for me but without wanting to sound too desperate are there any rides I could attend before the newbie?

Is there a chance I can jump on a Tue night skyride?

Thanks again for all the support

Comment

PM syk0 regarding Tuesday nights and he'll have a chat with you and see if it's for you or not , hopefully see you out soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X