Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfit, unskilled, untooled, starting at the bottom.

hopefully as I get fit I will start to come to rideouts.

just wanted to say Hi,

ps, is profile editing only accessible once you have been a member for a given period ?
    I used to be faster...…...

Hello screw!

Welcome to the club!! I'm Andy Cas and Im the committee member that looks after the newbie rides and newcomers to the site please take time to have a look around the website and if you need any help with anything or anything explaining give me a shout.

Please look out for the next newbie ride as this is the best way into the club!
    The newbie/introduction ride isn't as daunting as it sounds it just gives us a level of fitness and skill that you are at so you don't end up miles from nowhere with not being able to carry on.

Another way into the club is to invite yourself along to a NCR (non club ride) which are posted in the non members section of the forum and if somebody feels your skill and fitness is of a good level they can vouch for you!

Please take some time looking at the kit you require there is a small list here:-

(http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old)

These things will help if you have a breakdown or mechanical whilst out on a ride, the club members are usually great and will have some spares for the occasional thing that has been forgotten but it's great if you can be organised with your own spares .

The club is a great place to be with almost a ride a day with the various ncr's and club rides. We ride all over the north from the Lake District to the Peak District to north wales and various places in between.

Thanks for reading and hope your experience with the club is a long and exciting one if you have any problems or more questions please feel free to post up in the introduction section where members will be on hand to help or message me or one of the other committee members.

Hope to see you on the trails soon Andy (andy-cas)
    Last edited by andy-cas; 31-08-2014, 16:59.
    Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

You get more access once your a full member aswell
      Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

thanks Andy

Comment

Welcome, you'll fit right in with a forum name like that!

We all start somewhere, best thing is too just get out regular.
          It does get easier & the fitter you get the more you'll enjoy it!
          Sha...ting !!

Comment

Welcome Screwloose

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Comment

welcome screwloose, hope the stem does not come loose give it a couple of months and you will be wheelying off muckies

Comment

Welcome to the club. It's an absolutely cracking club everyone iv met has been very friendly and helpful. Just don't be discouraged while your getting fit and skilled it will get easier and much more fun but once you've got the bug you'll be hooked it's taken me over two years a smashed up face and two broken bones to get to where I am now and I owe it all to damn hard work and one particular member who showed me loads of local routes and encouraged me along the way. What bike have you got?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoomer View Post
                  Welcome, you'll fit right in with a forum name like that!

We all start somewhere, best thing is too just get out regular.
                  It does get easier & the fitter you get the more you'll enjoy it!
                  yeh apparently I am not a full shilling

Originally posted by mikemph View Post
                  welcome screwloose, hope the stem does not come loose give it a couple of months and you will be wheelying off muckies
                  Sounds like you may have set me up that , cheers for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
                    Welcome Screwloose

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
                    Cheers Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_vdub View Post
                      Welcome to the club. It's an absolutely cracking club everyone iv met has been very friendly and helpful. Just don't be discouraged while your getting fit and skilled it will get easier and much more fun but once you've got the bug you'll be hooked it's taken me over two years a smashed up face and two broken bones to get to where I am now and I owe it all to damn hard work and one particular member who showed me loads of local routes and encouraged me along the way. What bike have you got?
                      bike ?

is this not the figure skating club ?

Its a kona blast, 2011-12 model.

thats about all I know.

However, it is possible it's faulty, as once I got to about 2 miles, it's started to get slower..although this did coincide with the loss of one lung and somebody putting elastic into my legs.

i have a history of motorcycles, bmx, motocross, trials, enduro, etc, it's just been a long time..lol
                      Last edited by Screwloose; 29-08-2014, 14:00.

Comment

Is there more sections on here once your a paid up member ?

i may need pointers for maintenance etc,

Comment

you need to do a newbie ride, when that is done you fill in a form and pay £10, then the woolyback world will open upto you
                          basically get your fitness up as your technical ability is probably more than good enough, as soon as your ready let me know and we can have a local blast

Comment

lol..but I have so many questions

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_vdub View Post
                              Well sold Chris.
                              How can anyone not be interested in MTBing if they can emulate your experiences - what's not to like!
                              Welcome to the club Screwloose.
                              Last edited by Pringle Paul; 30-08-2014, 19:37.

Comment

Working...
                              X