Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *shuffles in quietly*

Hi. I'm Wisty.

I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. That's not true, rain sucks.

I've been living in Newton-Le-Willows for a couple of years now and am desperately looking for some proper places to ride my bike and good folks to do it with. Riding by myself is crap as the conversation is always a bit one dimensional.

I've been lurking on here for a while but held off registering as I'm a big girl's blouse.

I'm looking forward to getting out soon on a newbie ride to meet some of you

Hi wisty, nice intro

Welcome to the club, what bike you riding n where do u get to. There's some great trails close to you, we ride around there regular

Hope to see you out soon

Comment

Hello wisty,

Welcome to the club!! I'm Andy Cas and Im the committee member that looks after the newbie rides and newcomers to the site please take time to have a look around the website and if you need any help with anything or anything explaining give me a shout.

Please look out for the next newbie ride as this is the best way into the club!
      The newbie/introduction ride isn't as daunting as it sounds it just gives us a level of fitness and skill that you are at so you don't end up miles from nowhere with not being able to carry on.

Another way into the club is to invite yourself along to a NCR (non club ride) which are posted in the non members section of the forum and if somebody feels your skill and fitness is of a good level they can vouch for you!

Please take some time looking at the kit you require there is a small list here:-

(http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old)

These things will help if you have a breakdown or mechanical whilst out on a ride, the club members are usually great and will have some spares for the occasional thing that has been forgotten but it's great if you can be organised with your own spares .

The club is a great place to be with almost a ride a day with the various ncr's and club rides. We ride all over the north from the Lake District to the Peak District to north wales and various places in between.

Thanks for reading and hope your experience with the club is a long and exciting one if you have any problems or more questions please feel free to post up in the introduction section where members will be on hand to help or message me or one of the other committee members.

Hope to see you on the trails soon Andy (andy-cas)
      Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Welcome to the mad house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Wisty & welcome to the club
          Sha...ting !!

Comment

Being a fellow BGB, I have found the non club rides helpful in giving me a heads up of what to expect on the newbie ride invaluable, and had a good laugh on both occasions. Even though I struggle at times on the uphill, this is what will come in time.

i know for a fact I would have failed miserably turning up for the newbie ride unprepared, I guess it would also depend on the length of time you have been riding, type of riding etc.

i have my newbie ride next week, not sure how I will do.....but I am going to fare better than I would have 3 weeks ago, due to several club members, taking time to help us newbies out.

the moss is good (bold colliery site) which is behind burtonwood brewery, with medium terrain, and a few good climbs/descents, and telly tubby hill which I thought was a mountain until I went to rivvy and billinge, and sankey valley is good if you want to pound the canal paths with the occasional hill to build fitness...which if you have been riding a year or 2 may already be doing..

Nev
            I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Great intro, look forwards to meeting you

Comment

welcome to the forum wisty

Comment

Are you a laydee? (Looks so from your pic!) There is a Ladies Newbie ride on the boards that could do with some more takers.... http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...e-ride-October

Comment

Hi Wisty and welcome

Have a look at this thread
                    http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...445#post429445

... and come and see us if you would like to chat to any members

- R
                    carpe diem

It's rad, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorelei View Post
                      Are you a laydee? (Looks so from your pic!) There is a Ladies Newbie ride on the boards that could do with some more takers.... http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...e-ride-October
                      If we get 4 ladies i will run it

Comment

White Barry White Cas

Comment

Originally posted by CHUNK View Post
                          White Barry White Cas
                          ......?

Comment

Had a mental image of you with loads of bike riding laydees - Anyhoo think wisty is a bloke unless shes using her fellas email address.

Comment

Originally posted by CHUNK View Post
                              Had a mental image of you with loads of bike riding laydees - Anyhoo think wisty is a bloke unless shes using her fellas email address.
                              Lol its bazza that I see like that wife 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Comment

Working...
                              X