Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit scared!

Hi.

My name is dawn. I'm a road rider currently, but have very recently (today) had a MTB delivered to thatto cycles, ready for pick up on Saturday! I've only been riding for just over a year. But nobody can say I haven't got the miles in, In that short time. I'm hoping to cover some miles with the woollybacks very soon. I look forward to meeting everybody. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.
    Regards, dawn.

Welcome to the mad house

What bike have you gone for?

Comment

Welcome Dawn

Hope to see you out on the trails soon. Are you local to St Helens?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Comment

Scott contessa 710 hardtail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello dawny!

Welcome to the club!! I'm Andy Cas and Im the committee member that looks after the newbie rides and newcomers to the site please take time to have a look around the website and if you need any help with anything or anything explaining give me a shout.

Please look out for the next newbie ride as this is the best way into the club!
          The newbie/introduction ride isn't as daunting as it sounds it just gives us a level of fitness and skill that you are at so you don't end up miles from nowhere with not being able to carry on.

Another way into the club is to invite yourself along to a NCR (non club ride) which are posted in the non members section of the forum and if somebody feels your skill and fitness is of a good level they can vouch for you!

Please take some time looking at the kit you require there is a small list here:-

(http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old)

These things will help if you have a breakdown or mechanical whilst out on a ride, the club members are usually great and will have some spares for the occasional thing that has been forgotten but it's great if you can be organised with your own spares .

The club is a great place to be with almost a ride a day with the various ncr's and club rides. We ride all over the north from the Lake District to the Peak District to north wales and various places in between.

Thanks for reading and hope your experience with the club is a long and exciting one if you have any problems or more questions please feel free to post up in the introduction section where members will be on hand to help or message me or one of the other committee members.

Hope to see you on the trails soon Andy (andy-cas)
          Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Disco-stu I'm not local to St. Helens. I live in Stockton Heath but St. Helens is just around the corner really.

Comment

Hello & welcome to the club

Comment

Can't quite believe how much gear I'm gonna need!! I'm saving as I speak!

Comment

Hi Dawn & welcome to the club
                  Sha...ting !!

Comment

Thank you. I'm looking forward to a new experience!

Comment

Are there many ladies in your club? As I've found that female numbers in bike clubs pale into insignificance in comparison to male numbers.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the club dawn. In answer to your question, yes there are a number of GIRLS in the club, we also have a number of female riders too I'm sure they'll be along shortly to give you a warm welcome

Comment

Ha. Cheers.

Comment

I think I may have seen some of you guys when I did the wizard and llamas with the chapel house guys. I was shown the pic someone took of me stood talking to mike. That was a tough day. But fun.

Comment

welcome Dawn

scotts are great

Comment

Working...
                              X