Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi, I'm Jonny and I live in Standish, Wigan. I've been riding an mtb for a while, but I'm getting a bit bored of the same old routes (I'm not very inventive haha). I recently bought a new 29er cube ltd race and took it up to Glentress to ride with a friend who lives up there. My fitness wasn't too much of a problem, but some of the red routes (and tree roots... Ouch! ) around the trail centre made me realise that my skill levels aren't as good as they could be.

Been thinking about posting for a while, but Glentress convinced me to start taking this more seriously and get in touch with people who actually know what they're doing! [emoji1]

Welcome johnny I'm a local man myself

Bored ? How can you be bored here ?

on the doorstep we have Rivy, Haigh , parbold and the beacon
    Moonhills, 3 sisters, Plank lane etc etc

I Ride local a fair bit with another local member R6 Phil and you're more than
    welcome to tag along and we will show you plenty of routes

i'm sure you wont be bored

Your bike would would be ideal for the terrain we ride too

EDIT... What sort of distance are you comfortable with ?

Comment

Welcome to the club Jonny

Get yourself out with Leadville & Phil, they'll look after you & show you some great stuff right on your doorstep..
      Sha...ting !!

Comment

Hi Jonny, welcome

Comment

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Hi Leadville, I'm pretty comfortable with 20-30 km rides, but I'm sure I could manage further if you have anything in mind. Thanks for inviting me to tag along!

Comment

No worries

We ride midweek too, is that any use to you ? usually mid morning start
            but the day varies ...

If you are good for a local midweek ride ill PM you the info when we ride next
            and hopefully we can work a day out to suit.
            if you prefer weekends i will do the same but weekends are not as often

Comment

I'm free weekends and midweek depending on my schedule. I'm free all day this Wednesday and next Tuesday and Wednesday if it helps?

Comment

Welcome to the club jonny, wot Leadville said ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyP View Post
                  but Glentress convinced me to start taking this more seriously and get in touch with people who actually know what they're doing! [emoji1]
                  Not sure you've come to the right place mate. The number of accidents we have, we clearly haven't got a clue either

Welcome to the club.

Comment

PM sent John

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyP View Post
                      I'm free weekends and midweek depending on my schedule. I'm free all day this Wednesday and next Tuesday and Wednesday if it helps?
                      Hi jonny was nice to meet u this morning. As we said we are riding again tomorrow (Wednesday) if you fancy joining us. We'll be at the same place at 09:30 in the morning

Hopefully see ya there

Comment

Yep good to meet you John

.......I'm 100 percent now Phil for today

managed to shift some stuff around

Comment

20141119_112048.jpg

Where's woollie ?

Comment

Nice local loop today with John

Plenty local treats/tech to whet his appetite
                            fitness is no problem at all

final adjustments before john's first tip in of the day
                            20141119_112004.jpg20141119_111938.jpg

Comment

Thanks lads for taking me out today! Much more technical than I'm used to, but very enjoyable. Already fitted flat pedals and shorter stem, and ordered new chunky monkey and smorgasbord tyres for front and rear. Hopefully I'll do better next time if you don't mind letting me tag along again?

Comment

Working...
                              X