New member - HELLO Every1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - HELLO Every1!!

Hi every1, i'm Phil from Radcliffe in Manchester, pretty new to this Mountain Biking scene. Currently got a On-One Inbred, done some mountain biking around Phillips Park, Rivington, Gaddings Dam and Stoodley Pike. I also commute to work on the bike and have done the Manchester to Blackpool Night ride for charity in just over 3hours so reasonably in good shape when it comes to fitness and that. Just want to get out to new places and meet new people who enjoy getting on there bikes. Thanks Phil bike 7.jpg

Welcome to the club Phil, looks like you'll fit right in. Get your name down on the newbie ride I'm sure some will drop out or invite yourself onto any NCRs (none club ride)

Catch ya soon

Comment

Im not going to be able to make the newbie ride, but will be looking out for the January one. I'll take a look through the NCR'S and see if I can make any of them. cheers

Comment

If you are riding stoodley dh and Gaddings dam on an inbred without any "trouble" then there's no need for a newbie ride.

Comment

Welcome to the club Phil, sounds like you'll fit right in
          Sha...ting !!

Comment

When I did Gaddings dam and Stoodley pike that was the 1st real bit of mountain biking id ever done other than Phillips park, obviously parts was technical and that but I really enjoyed it and didn't come off which is a bonus!! is this the sort of riding you do on your club rides? cheers

Comment

Welcome Phil, Plenty on here love the steel hardtails

Comment

Originally posted by PBB-1989 View Post
                When I did Gaddings dam and Stoodley pike that was the 1st real bit of mountain biking id ever done other than Phillips park, obviously parts was technical and that but I really enjoyed it and didn't come off which is a bonus!! is this the sort of riding you do on your club rides? cheers
                We have taken a fair few down Gaddings and stoodley but never as a club ride .

Get yourself aquatinted and if you want to do steep and technical then there's plenty to show you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pieeater View Post
                  If you are riding stoodley dh and Gaddings dam on an inbred without any "trouble" then there's no need for a newbie ride.
                  Originally posted by Pieeater View Post
                  We have taken a fair few down Gaddings and stoodley but never as a club ride .

Get yourself aquatinted and if you want to do steep and technical then there's plenty to show you.
                  Watch out Pete, I can see a bromance on the cards here

Comment

Hello and welcome to the club.

Originally posted by Mark G View Post
                    Watch out Pete, I can see a bromance on the cards here
                    Who is this Pete you talk of ?

Comment

Welcome Phil.

Comment

Hello Phil,

I only joined the forum last week so am also a newbie on here

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and the welcomes! Any ideas of the newbie ride in January when and where? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PBB-1989 View Post
                            Thanks for all the replies and the welcomes! Any ideas of the newbie ride in January when and where? Cheers

I can't say for sure but previously the guys "in the know" have said there are numerous drop outs for newbie rides. From reading the forum today there has been one drop out today for the December ride (28th December - see newbie ride December thread). Have a look over on that forum and if it's a date you can make put your name down.

Comment

I can't make the December newbie ride, so will have to look out for the January ride so will hopefully be able to make that, cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X