Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, I'm Richard. Been biking for about 2 years although it was pretty sporadic to start I've been out a fair bit this year. Started on an old GT Avalanche and recently got a Giant Anthem X29 as a 40th birthday present, hence a lot more riding recently. The guy I usually bike with is moving to Coventry soon so I have stumbled upon the Woolies website at just the right time. Going on your own is a bit miserable and my missus gets worried in case no one comes along and finds me in the ditch.

Have ridden Gisburn quite a few times, Healy Nab, Lee Quary, Favourite place is Llandegla. I live in standish in Wigan and use Haigh Hall for a quick blast just making up a route through the trees.

Looking forward to joining a newbie ride soon.

Welcome dude,

you our wont get a lot of sense Until later, but one of the members will give you the ride with regards newbie ride info.

majority will be waking up in Scotland this morning with a sore head
    I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Welcome Richard, another pie eater great

There's a few of us local to you who ride regular, we've got some great 30-40 mile loops around Wigan, haigh, rivi, moon hills, flashes, Carr mill etc etc. we normally ride midweek due to shift patterns but do go at weekend too. When do you normally ride?

Your welcome to join us anytime, see ya soon

Comment

I'm normally out at weekends. Mid-week tends to be too busy with work but would always take the opportunity if I could. Cheers.

Comment

Hi rich, there's 4 of us going out this morning if you fancy a spin, it will be slow n steady today

Comment

welcome

Comment

Forgot to say, there is quite a few crazies near you who ride haigh area regular
              I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Originally posted by R6 Phil View Post
                Hi rich, there's 4 of us going out this morning if you fancy a spin, it will be slow n steady today
                Thanks for the offer, would be great but already busy today.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Looking forward to this.

Comment

No probs rich may be next time, you missed a belter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by R6 Phil View Post
                      No probs rich may be next time, you missed a belter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Envious now. Where did you get to?

Comment

We did a loop around elnup wood, dean wood, beacon, parbold, fairy glenn, coffee n home

24 mile
                        2000ft

Beltin

Comment

Hi and welcome to the club there's some cracking riding to be done right on your doorstep. I usually ride at the weekends so if you ever want to learn some new routes near you I'm only 20-30 minutes riding from Standish. Give me a shout and I'll be happy to show you some new places to ride.

Phil dean's wood is the the one at the top of Gathurst hill iv seen a road called dean's wood avenue?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_vdub View Post
                            Hi and welcome to the club there's some cracking riding to be done right on your doorstep. I usually ride at the weekends so if you ever want to learn some new routes near you I'm only 20-30 minutes riding from Standish. Give me a shout and I'll be happy to show you some new places to ride.

Phil dean's wood is the the one at the top of Gathurst hill iv seen a road called dean's wood avenue?
                            Sounds great. Away next weekend but will be in touch soon to take you up on that. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_vdub View Post

Yes chris dean wood runs parallel to gathurst road, you can go in at the bottom near the old navigation pub (under the train bridge and turn right) first section is very muddy (200yds) then it's a great resurfaced track that comes out in up holland near the golf course

Comment

Working...
                              X