3 months in....big thanks to the woollybacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months in....big thanks to the woollybacks

So this isn't so much an introduction as I'm sure a fair few of you know me by now, but a big thanks to everyone who I've ridden with and spoken to over the last 3 months, for the help advice and encouragement.

When I 1st got back on a bike and joined a few of you on my 1st skyride clueless and with my inadequate lights I wondered what the heck I was doing as I was struggling to keep up with the group and thought my lungs were going to burst and my legs would drop off. Despite this everyone offered me so much encouragement and made me feel really welcome. Fast forward 3 months, a lot of miles, with a lot of laughs on a few club rides (including the superb club weekend in Glentress) and I'm fitter than I have been for years, and now doing 35 mile club epics in the lakes with relative ease and feel confident riding everything I've tried so far without feeling pressured on some of the tougher stuff. Without the club and it's great members who offer us newbies such encouragement none of this would have happened and rather than buying a new bike the old 1 would probably have just sat in the garage gathering dust and I'd still be unfit and making excuses not to do anything about it.

Look forward to many more rides and laughs in the future

cheers everyone

Dave

Ah, that's ace Dave. They're not a bad bunch are they

Comment

Originally posted by wanderinwurzel View Post
      So this isn't so much an introduction as I'm sure a fair few of you know me by now, but a big thanks to everyone who I've ridden with and spoken to over the last 3 months, for the help advice and encouragement.

When I 1st got back on a bike and joined a few of you on my 1st skyride clueless and with my inadequate lights I wondered what the heck I was doing as I was struggling to keep up with the group and thought my lungs were going to burst and my legs would drop off. Despite this everyone offered me so much encouragement and made me feel really welcome. Fast forward 3 months, a lot of miles, with a lot of laughs on a few club rides (including the superb club weekend in Glentress) and I'm fitter than I have been for years, and now doing 35 mile club epics in the lakes with relative ease and feel confident riding everything I've tried so far without feeling pressured on some of the tougher stuff. Without the club and it's great members who offer us newbies such encouragement none of this would have happened and rather than buying a new bike the old 1 would probably have just sat in the garage gathering dust and I'd still be unfit and making excuses not to do anything about it.

Look forward to many more rides and laughs in the future

cheers everyone

Dave
      It is the influx of new members with enthusiasm to ride the stuff we all love is what keeps the club going
      One can't work without the other.
      You get out as much as you put in.
      So thanks to all the new guys who are getting involved

Comment

As another relatively new member to the club, I know exactly where you are coming from Dave. Well said m8

Comment

Same here, although not as fit yet....or brave
          I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Originally posted by Screwloose View Post
            Same here, although not as fit yet....or brave
            brave...or stupid???
            Originally posted by Lorelei View Post
            Ah, that's ace Dave. They're not a bad bunch are they
            yeah guess they'll do Lorelei
            Originally posted by chad View Post
            It is the influx of new members with enthusiasm to ride the stuff we all love is what keeps the club going
            One can't work without the other.
            You get out as much as you put in.
            So thanks to all the new guys who are getting involved
            thanks Chad, glad to hear we give something back to the more experienced riders
            Originally posted by ArthurItus View Post
            As another relatively new member to the club, I know exactly where you are coming from Dave. Well said m8
            didn't realise you were a relative newb, thought you been riding a while mate.

Comment

Riding 3 or more times a week will quickly bring good fitness.
              Commuting to work regularly as well will sky rocket your fitness

Comment

Originally posted by syk0 View Post
                Riding 3 or more times a week will quickly bring good fitness.
                Commuting to work regularly as well will sky rocket your fitness
                true but if I hadn't have joined up and done the skyride I would never have known that my commute could use so much off road riding...would have lasted less than a week doing the slog up the rainford bypass!!

Comment

You looked like a time served MTB'er yesterday Dave with plenty of skill and brilliant fitness. Keep enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz-bum View Post
                    You looked like a time served MTB'er yesterday Dave with plenty of skill and brilliant fitness. Keep enjoying it.
                    cheers, think best way to improve is to ride with people better than you

Comment

Oh! Thanks a lot

Comment

Get a room
                        I used to be faster...…...

Comment

I read that as better than Fizz haha

Comment

Good post dave ☺

Comment

Is there any other sport/hobby that does this; I doubt it.

Its all going downhill; MTB style that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X