Newbie from Leeds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Leeds.

Hi everyone, as my profile name suggests I'm called Robert - on Sundays! I've recently got back into MTB after some fairly serious negotiations with the bank I've been riding solo around llandegla, gisburn and delamere and I'm looking for a group to ride with, have a laugh with and hopefully learn stuff from. Regards the newbie rides - I'd like to come along on one, but I'm unsure of the fitness levels required. Would a couple of laps of the blue or red at llandegla be about right? At the moment I just go round once, it'd be handy to have a target distance to aim for.

Many thanks, hope to meet up soon.
    Rob

If you can do 2 laps of the red you'll p**s it.

If you can do 1 lap we'd probably still manage to drag you round :-)

Comment

Here's the stats from a typical newbie ride:
      Attached Files

Comment

Welcome Rob. I ride Delamere quite a bit, as it is one of my favourite spots. In fact I'm there on Saturday morning. If you reckon you are up to 3 or 4 hours around there, then I could let you tag along and it'd bypass the newbie ride.
        If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Welcome rob, as Paul says two laps of degla is good going so the newbie wud be a walk in the park

Get out with Dave on Saturday n ur in, boom.......

Comment

Welcome Rob, like the lads say, you should be fine on a newbie ride given your current fitness.

A quick way into the club is to ride with a member and demonstrate your fitness and ability - they can vouch for you and you can bypass the newbie ride...

Comment

Sorry for the late reply chaps just got in from what was supposedly a ten mile ride doing the walsden loop and ended up doing 17 miles, I got lost a lot! Exhausted. Many thanks for the replys though. Thanks very much Dave but I don't think I can make this Saturday morning, month ends are tough. If by Friday afternoon it looks quiet is that too late to let you know?

Comment

If you can't make Saturday, no worries, keep an eye out for Septembers newbie ride as that'll get posted at some point soon. Friday afternoon is ok to post up if you can make it though.
                If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Hi Dave, I can meet you at Delamere, if the offer is still open?
                  Cheers

Comment

Pm sent.

Comment

Working...
                    X