Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my name is mike i live in warrington im 43 i ride s trek superfly carbon hardtail anf trek remedy 9 in enjoy trail centres and csnal paths cross country done all 5 book my ride 65 mile events this year looking at riding with a group for fitness and social iam in a local group at present but nobody ever goes out or drops out at last ie supposed to be goin llandegla on 25 oct but all dropped out again dont care what weather conditions are just want to get out
    Last edited by mikep; 24-10-2015, 20:55.

Welcome Mike, there's always people out here. Get your name down on kiwis newbie ride or either post up or join in on any ncr (none club rides) you fancy

Catch ya soon

Comment

Hi when is the newbie ride have ridden gisbufn forest once and llandegla once also coed brennin

Comment

Welcome to The Woollybacks.

There's a race on at Llandegla tomorrow so the car park will be over full, best avoid it tomorrow.

I'm leading the next Newbie ride so get your name down.

I'm also planning on riding from the north through Warrington about 9 to 10 am on route to and past Billinge if you're about let me know.
        All the best

Comment

It's here

http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...de-Sunday-29th

You'll be fine it's just a formality, you can also be "vouched for" if you ride with another club member.

There's plenty rides to go t once your a member

Comment

Hi kiwi what time and where about in warrington you riding past so i can meet you if thats ok also hard tail or full sus be better

Comment

I'll PM you my mobile so we can speak en route
              All the best

Comment

Hi
                Last edited by mikep; 25-10-2015, 07:02.

Comment

Cheers, Mike.

Got your number, now edit your post to remove your mobile if you don't want the world to know it.

See you tomorrow
                  Last edited by JohnClimber; 24-10-2015, 22:21.
                  All the best

Comment

Welcome Mike. See you on the trails.[emoji4]

Comment

Just a note to say that I am happy to vouch for MikeP

I rode with him today from the bmx pump track right up to Mecca and he was more than capable of keeping up with me on my 29er+.

In his own words he's no downhiller and hasn't had much time riding very technical off piste rides as his mates didn't do that sort of riding.

So as long as he picks his rides and builds his confidence we'll have another very enthusiastic member.

We kept a good pace and although not racing and chatting on route together so Mike did the Skyride Handicap in just under 21 mins and he's never rode it before.

Mike - pm Roger and Art Dave to ask about getting your money over to open up the botton part of the forum.

Can a light expert post up a link here to where Mike can get the best budget light delivered before Thursdays Bold Heath nightvtide?
                      Last edited by JohnClimber; 25-10-2015, 14:48.
                      All the best

Comment

welcome Mike

Comment

Without wishing to sound contraversial, how would he fair on a ride in The lakes or even doing the jap gardens, IMO it's no vouch just riding on the flat fast and by his own intro and your post he has very little technical experience on descents especially

That I'd say is more important than fast flat speed ability as you can always wait at the bottom knowing they have the ability to get themselves down a tricky or techy descent without coming off and hurting themselves or walking it all

No offence to you John but your flat fast rides aren't really what the ncrs or club rides consist of and allowing someone in with little or no technical ability is a liability to both themselves and whoever they're on a ride with, as well as diluting the club standards for entry overall as its not just about fitness
                          Last edited by Jimnesia; 25-10-2015, 17:45.
                          Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Jimnesia View Post
                            Without wishing to sound an arse, how would he fair on a ride in The lakes or even doing the jap gardens, IMO it's no vouch just riding on the flat fast and by his own intro and your post he has very little technical experience

That I'd say is more important than fast flat speed ability as you can always wait at the bottom knowing they have the ability to get themselves down a tricky or techy descent

No offence to you John but your flat fast rides aren't really what the ncrs or club rides consist of and allowing someone in with little or no technical ability is a liability to both themselves and whoever they're on a ride with, as well as diluting the club standard
                            No Offence taken, Mike will fare as well as some others in the club, there are a few (including me) who mince down some of the more technical sections, mainly because Mike like me and many others simply can't afford the time off work sick with broken bones.
                            This is why I said this above
                            Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                            So as long as he picks his rides and builds his confidence we'll have another very enthusiastic member.
                            Put it this way he defiantly won't be the last up the climbs but he will maybe a minute or two slower on the technical down hills, he won't cause anyone to freeze on the tops.
                            All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Jimnesia View Post
                              as well as diluting the club standard
                              And that's a whole new thread in the members only section.
                              All the best

Comment

Working...
                              X